11 | like shattered chandeliers

warning: strong language, hot people, chaos and exposure of numerous secrets

[ l i k e   s h a t t e r e d   c h a n d e l i e r s]

♥ gabriel ♥

"So, honey, why don't we talk about where your daddy got all his money from? I highly doubt his wallet is so big from trading alone."

Ash's looked as if she'd been slapped right across the face.

"What's that word? It begins with an 'L.' Is it laundering? Do you know what that means? It must be quite long for you."

"T-That's none of your business, you fat ugly whore-"

Prince managed to grab Lexi's hand and pull her away before she could lunge at Ashlei and probably claw her eye out. "Let me go!" she screeched in her nasal voice.

My eyes ticked towards Arlo who looked horrified when the Egyptian boy momentarily let go of a thrashing Lexi. The short woman was millimetres away from scratching Ashlei's flawless face, who let out a shrill scream when he managed to pull Lexi backwards again. She struggled against him but his grasp was firm.

My head moved to the audience's hungry eyes, excitedly watching the drama unfold with their cameras out. I wasn't surprised. People fed off the lives of those around them like termites.

"Prince, please control Lexi," Arlo interjected, his voice quiet but strong. "We can just talk things out calmly without any physical fight."

The man I didn't recognise took a heaving Lexi under his arm whilst Prince scoffed loudly, turning to look at the ceiling in incredulity. "Lexi? Why are you telling Lexi? Ashlei is the one who started it. Why should Lex be the one to stop?'

A deep crevice formed between Arlo's eyebrows as he looked at his friend in surprise. His navy blue suit was quite a few shades darker than his piercing eyes, "That's not what I meant-"

"Yeah, sure," Prince barked deeply, his voice reverberating through the still room. "I know just how nonjudgemental you are."

My full pinkish lips pressed together as somebody turned on their phone's flash even though the room was fully lit.

They're all making themselves look like damn fools.

Prince looked down, ignoring Arlo's gaze and continued muttering under his breath. "Acting all magnanimous but really..."

I didn't quite catch what he said.

A lifeless sound left the spindly man's mouth, his champagne white hair falling into a parting as he took two slow steps towards Prince. "What did you say?"

I noticed how the tall put-together brunette wrapped her hand around Prince's arm to stop him from aggravating things but he shrugged her away, too riled up with everything. He was still annoyed at how Talisa had spoken to him. Or maybe it was because she'd called him Parvais.

He hated that more than anything.

"Oh, just go back to swirling your black coffee Arlo," he bit out, fresh irritation revelling in his voice.

Arlo has had enough and looked at him in frustration. "What the hell is your problem? What are you trying to say?"

"I think you know what I'm saying."

The blonde-haired man tilted his head down before smiling darkly, "Prince, I'm not perfect but at least I have the self-respect and morality to know that it's wrong to tell someone you love them, make them think they mean something to you and then disappear."