04 | double edged sword

[ d o u b l e e d g e d s w o r d ]

♥ talisa ♥

GABRIEL WOULD HAVE beheaded me if he found out about the real way I got into his apartment. Some things were definitely better left unsaid if you didn't want to make a mess out of what already was, well, a mess.

We'd both nodded off for a little while after finishing our drinks. The decor of the room was perfectly suited for falling asleep; dark windows, cosy atmosphere, comfortable sofas.

I slowly lifted my head from his shoulder and turned my attention to his face. His eyes were closed so that his long dark eyelashes lightly brushed against his upper cheek.

I wasn't surprised about what I'd seen earlier when I walked in. Over the past months, I'd often seen him struggling in the middle of the night but he'd always managed to snap himself out of it within five minutes.

Yeah, it's best not to ask him about that.

"Quit staring at me," he breathed out with his eyes still shut, the smell of whiskey softly filling my nose. Although his voice was quiet it still held the sharpness of a double edged sword.

That was what I loved about it.

"No."

As I expected, his grey eyes opened briefly and locked with mine in a harsh look of annoyance at disturbing his sleep as if that wasn't the response he wanted to deal with right now. The expression was full of such abhor action but instead push me away, it seemed to light me up even more.

"I can do what I want."

Standing up from the sofa, he stretched and glanced at the big black clock on his wall. I stood up and followed him as we went into the kitchen, a feeling in my stomach pulling me forwards him and demanding me to get an answer from him. "It's my eyes. I can look at what I want."

Gabriel looked bored as he took out two slices of bread from a loaf and put them in the toaster. "Ah. Is that how it works then?"

Without batting me an eyelash, he loosened his tie and began unbuttoning his shirt. I laughed shortly, my eyes hovering over his chest as he pulled on a grey T-shirt.

"Yes."

"In which case, I can also do what I want and I do not want to meet this Yohan."

I pursued my lips.

You damn well walked into that one, didn't you Talisa?

"That's different," I started thinking fast as I began changing into the clothes that I'd brought with me. It was nothing excessive. Just sweatpants, a top, coat and beanie.

Far more practical than Ashlei's ridiculous outfits.

I almost cringed thinking about the fact that at Christmas, I'd begun following in her shopaholic footprints. Thank God, I'd put a full-stop to that fashion addict phase. It was vile and worth too much effort.

Hoodies, trainers and sweatpants were the better choices.

"Come on, we're gonna be late Gabriel. I'll drive," I said, glancing at Gabriel who had wolfed down the slices of toast before walking towards the door. A cold hand wrapped around my arm as he stopped me, giving me an intense meaningful look.

"You haven't got changed yet."

"Of course I have, I just di-"

I glanced down and saw that I was still dressed in the bottle green dress that I'd worn to school today. A surge of anger pulsated through me as I felt an itch across my neck. He raised an eyebrow at me, handing me my bag of clothes as I felt hot all over.