- letter 02 | [ unidentified ] -

I felt a little bit sad today

I felt a little bit sad today. We were at school and it was the end of year production and everyone's mum and dad came apart from mine. Well, Hannah was there but daddy wasn't and I miss him. I don't like Hannah anyway. Her bright ginger hair scares me and she always knows when I've snuck my iPad under the duvet. 

I'm a bit annoyed actually because dad told me that if I get the role of Mulan, we'd go out to get the ice cream they only sell at Hyde Park after the show. I practiced taekwando every day for two weeks before the audition to make sure I got the role. An entire two weeks! And obviously, I did get the role. But then he didn't even come to the show.

Neither did mum which is odd.

I haven't seen dad in an entire week and I miss him a lot. A week ago, my grandparents came around for dinner. Dad left the meal halfway through and I heard the front door shut loudly and I haven't seen him since. I think they argued again but Hannah took me upstairs so I couldn't hear what they were saying.  A few days ago, mum got a phone call and quickly left to go somewhere too but she wouldn't tell me where. I could have swore she was crying but she left before I could figure out what was happening.

I haven't seen either of them since and Hannah keeps avoiding my questions when I ask her where they are.

After the play today, everyone went to the field with their parents and we had a huge picnic. Yesterday, all of year 3 made bread for today. I put olives in mine too because I know dad likes olives. Only the green ones though because I don't like the other types.  They don't taste nice. And Mrs Ellen said that mine was the best bread in the class! I got star of the week as well!

But in the end only Hannah and me ate the bread. She said it was very nice but I wish mum and dad had tried it. Anyway, I am tired today so I am going to sleep now. Bye.

 Bye