05 | a little surprise

[ a l i t t l e s u r p r i s e ]

♥ louisa ♥

"DAMN LOOK AT his booty. Quick Louisa, you're gonna miss it! Ma cherié! To your left. Non, that's your right! No, he's about to turn around. Quick! Dammit, you missed it, well done."

I took a sip from my creamy cappuccino, narrowing my eyes in false anger after having to whip my head side to side ridiculously thanks to Pierre's terrible description skills.

"I'll have you know that I can distinguish my left from my right. It's just that you're sitting opposite me so your left is my right, idiot."

His mouth formed into an O shape as I laughed gracefully, taking off my rain mac and putting it on the back of the chair. "Sorry, Madame smarty-pants."

His dark brown eyes were still lingering behind me and I found myself raising a dark eyebrow. "What now? Found a replacement?"

Without tearing her eyes away from whatever they were transfixed in, Pierre pouted his thick lips in consideration. "Actually, the same man's girlfriend seems to have a pretty perky one too. I guess if I get turned down by one, there's always a seconds optio-"

My jaw slackened in disbelief, although I most definitely should have become accustomed to it by now, as I lifted a perfectly manicured hand and slapped him in the arm. "Gosh, stop it Lafayette! I should have known 'let's go to Le Cinq for lunch today' was code for 'I found a new place where there's a tonne of eye-candy.'

A fierce flicker full of life tangoed in his eyes as his cocoa skin seemed to glow a little bright. "I can't help it. Those raging Scorpio hormones, ma cherié."

"Astrology? Really?" I questioned, shaking my head and feeling my half caramel half liquorice curls tousle down my back. "Honey please, I'm sure the other 6 million Scorpios are controlling themselves just fine, thank you very much."

He grumbled something under his breath as my eyes fluttered away from his crisp white shirt to the untouched tart in his plate, expertly digging in and stealing a bite without him noticing.

It was a lovely day in Spring, with a clean blue sky casting a bright glow upon the streets of the town. There's been a break in the seemingly continual shower of rain and Pierre and I had taken this opportunity to grab a window seat at the lunch place he'd been nagging me about for too long.

I wasn't complaining. Going to a nice restaurant during my break hour seemed like an easy way to take the mind of my Economics exam next period. There was a thick carpet adorning the floor that looked so soft I was half tempted to run my fingers along it. A vanilla and toffee colour theme ran across the setting from the good seats to the exquisite architecture.

It was grand enough to remind diners to be grateful for what they had but so down-to-earth that it ensured they were also humbled. That was why I'd already taken a liking to it. Having two feet grounded in the floor what better than floating in the air.

Only then did Pierre realise his plate was half empty. I blamed my soft spot for all things sweet. Pastries were too good to be ignored and Pierre was too busy tying up the waitress. "Hey! Ma cherié, what is this? Ce n'est pa juste! That's not fair."

I have him an overly sweet smile that he knew was fake, my crimson lips pulling upwards. "Sharing is caring, don't you think? That's one of the Espirits glorified mottos. Unus spiritus, unus mens, una somnium."

"Louisa, the rule doesn't apply to food," he said fiddling with the gold hoop earring that was in his right ear.

"Zip it or I'll tattle to Mama bear."