19 | ghosts can't die

[ g h o s t s   c a n' t   d i e ]

♥ louisa ♥

IT TURNED OUT that my heat still fluttered like crazy around him, so bad that it hurt more than the many regrets I had.

In the past before things got so complicated, I never put a name to the feeling I'd get around him and to this day I don't know if it was because I didn't recognise it or didn't want to recognise it.

For the past two days, I'd kept replaying our discussion in my mind. I was doing it again now which probably wasn't a good idea considering what was happening in the next half hour.

Gabriel standing in the main hall, dark hair swept over his head and an ashen crest-fallen look plastered upon his face. It made me question whether returning was even a good idea. But he hadn't seemed weak either.

It was the opposite.

Gabriel seemed so strong and tough with a coldness crackling like electricity on the exterior that intentionally pushed anybody away.

But it was confusing because at the same time, I could have sworn there was the complete opposite beneath it. Some sort of fragility than he was skilled at hiding. Clasping my hands together, I wondered if that was just the hopeful idealistic side of me wishing.

What is he's right? What if some things just are beyond repair?

Pressing my lips together, I shook my head and thought about the person I was a year ago. Frankly, I was a total bitch who didn't care about anyone or anything.

There was nothing that couldn't be saved. I was sure of it.

"Louisa, are you ready?" An articulated voice questioned with a comforting tone, that only I could have recognised, seated in its composed edge.

"There shouldn't be any issues getting in because that bodyguard Julian said he'll clear the path but try your best to ignore any questions the reporters ask. Walk in the middle of your father and I and it should be fine."

I nodded, glancing out the tinted windows of the car where there were already a few cameras lined up. The offices were only 15 metres away but that was still quite far. Somehow there had been a leak that today our party and the defendant was going to be discussing what had happened to try and reach some sort of agreement before court.

"It's those Thorntons," Dad gruffly commented from the passengers seat. "They were the ones to decide on the date and time of the meeting and they were far too eager to push for today even once we knew that the press had found out about the location. I'm sure it must have been their idea to leak it."

He was clad in a typical suit with his salt and pepper hair brushed backwards . Both Mum and I had unintentionally coordinated in a deep plum colour, the colour matching the shade of her lipstick and the colour of the large clip in my hair.

"And why would they do that, Edward?" she questioned.

"To throw us off, of course!" He remarked fiercely, before muttering something under his breath. "That bastard boy of theirs wants to stress Louisa out before the meeting but I won't have it."

It was ironic how a small smile had flickered onto my face at their protective words. Seeing them care had actually put me in a better mood. If Dad was right, then Logan had actually done me a favour.

"Come on, let's just go in before we're late and they somehow try to use it against us."

Taking a quick breath, I followed my father out of the car. There was a small crowd waiting and they immediately closed in on us.