nineteen.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

CHAPTER NINETEEN!
rl.

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

the tension when karl came back into the living room area, was one to note.

they all sat a decent amount apart on the couch, alex sat in between the two for obvious reasons. he went on his phone, but both karl and soleil were actually paying attention to adventure time. it used to be their favorite show to watch with one another.

"are you guys hungry?" soleil asked, sitting up from the couch.

"yeah i'm starving," alex yawns, the time wasn't too late. it was only nine.

karl agrees, "i'm a bit hungry, yeah."

"uhmmm.." sol thought about what they could make. "i think i have stuff to make pizza. are you all fine with that?"

the both say yes, and so soleil got up to make her way to the kitchen to make sure they had all they needed for it. she stared in her fridge as she asked out, "any preference on toppings?"

"im fine with anything."

karl hums, "i dont want any-"

"no mushrooms, i know." soleil replied out of habit, she hadn't even realized how easily it slipped out. the two were together for a long time, but that was a long time ago. everyone was quite caught off guard by this.

her eyes widened as she took out everything needed, pretending like what she had let out a few seconds earlier never happened. karl walks over to help assist.

"want me to help out?"

"you can help cut up some of the vegetables?"

to which he nodded, when sol glances over to alex, he struggles to keep his eyes open. she knew by the time the pizza would be ready, he'd be fast asleep.

and she was right. an hour later, after picking up and such, alex was knocked out on the couch with drool crusting up at the corner of his mouth.

this causes soleil to let out a chuckle as she pulls a cover over him. she also turned off the tv, which brought silence and dimmed the room a lot more.

"looks like he's out for good.." karl comments, looking at the boy on the couch. soleil scoffs in agreement, making her way over to her room.

"yeah well, i was going to pull out the couch so you could sleep on but.." she began to set aside her stuffed animals. "i'm not sleeping on the floor so i guess we're sleeping together."

"if you want," he follows her into the room, glancing around at the things on her walls. and how much it has changed from the last time he had been there.

of course it was expected, but he liked it. putting a small smile on his face. it showed how much soleil had grown since then. "i can just sleep on the floor."

soleil looks at him gazing at the pictures plastered on her walls, "if you want. then i'd just feel bad.."

"i deserve it."