twenty-four.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR!
rl, dc, twitter, imessage.

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

real life.

there wasn't much conversation, karl had fallen asleep shortly after; but soleil stayed up, not being able to go back to bed. this led her to simply turn on her bedside lamp and read a book.

when nine am struck, alex had woke up. he knocked gently on his friends door before opening, not expecting to see her awake at such an hour.

she looked up from her book, smiling a bit. she was muted, so karl wouldn't be able to hear her.

"why are you up so early, weirdo?" he questioned with a chuckle, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

sol sighed, setting her book down. "well, karl called me because he had a nightmare. he asked me to keep him company so.. here i am now."

"so he needs like a babysitter now or what?" alex joked a bit, but quickly cleared his throat knowing that nightmares were something karl frequently experienced and were pretty serious. "kidding.. but uhm, how long have you been up?"

"since he called me, so around four."

"four? soleil, you need to get some sleep."

"not tired," she defended, but it was clear to alex that she was. he knew she just wanted to be there for karl.

"you're a pretty bad liar, man." he laughed, reaching over to see the book she was reading. they both die at the end. "seriously? again? this book is very sad.."

( IF YOU HAVENT READ THIS BOOK PLS
DO ITS SO GOOD I SWEAR YOU WONT
REGRET IT. i did sob tho so.. beware 😁 )

"yeah well, it's a very good one so.."

after a few more minutes of talking, alex went off to go make some breakfast. and that's when soleil hears the sound of karl's groans, "you're awake?"

he had noticed her familiar ceiling with a small beam of light shining. sol unmuted herself, "yup.. i'm reading."

"of course you are," he chuckled softly. soleil felt her heart do a flip, his voice was raspy and filled with sleepiness. she found it absolutely adorable. "what book are you reading?"

"they both die at the end."

"that sounds like a..sad story."

( idk.. you think?? 🙄🙄🤔‼️ )

"it is, very."

unknowingly they talked for over an hour, about anything and everything. it felt good. when karl realized this, he smiled to himself.

but he thanked her for staying and mentioned he'd text her about what they needed to do. "i've gotta go and take a shower. but i'll text you later?"