Chapter 25

A/N: Surprise! Double Upload!

Chapter 25

~ General Point of View Change –Rayn ~

Rayn kissed Asami good bye and headed out the door to go meet the two pack members that were having a disagreement in the community garden. As he heading out the front door of the pack house Rico was walking up the porch. "Hola Luna. Where you off too?" He asked him in his usually perky voice. Since coming home with them Rico's true personality was finally showing. He was a bright and perky person most of the time, but when needed he was a damn good fighter. Rayn had the chance to see him fighting a few weeks again when a bear got to close to the pack. One of the vampires in the pack had been hurt by the bear, but had managed to get away. However the bear had followed him and it just so happened that Rayn was out meeting with some of the pack mothers for brunch. "Morning Rico, I am heading over to the community garden to mediate." "That sounds fun. Want some company?" Rico asked him. Rico and him had become good friends, and it wasn't uncommon for them to be together. "Sure, it would probably be good if there was another person to help mediate. I have a feeling this isn't going to be cut-n-dry." Rayn told him as they started to walk to the community garden. "Is anything ever easy when it comes to pack disagreements?" Rico chuckled. "Nope at least not so far." Rayn joked back. They continued to crack jokes all the way to the garden.

As Rayn entered the garden he could already hear the argument. "Hello Luna." An elderly gentleman greeted him before yelling at the two bickering to shut up. They both greeted Rayn and apologized for the yelling. "It's okay, but no more yelling. Now Ethan what is the problem?" Rayn asked. It would seem Ethan and Debbie were the ones having the disagreement. "So we are expanding the garden to include an orchard and flower bed's and a play area for the kids when their parents are here working in the garden. However we can't come to an agreement on the layout. Debbie is insisting that the orchard should be over near the pack house, but I think it will be better over here by the creek." Ethan explain. Rayn listen to both of there sides before he and Rico stepped to the side and spoke about it. "Okay I have heard both sides and you both have great points. After discussing it with Rico I think the best location would be near the creek. Ethan's point about water consumption is the primary issue and being near the creek will allow the garden to use less water. That being said Debbie I know you wanted the orchard in that field near the pack house, but it would made more sense to have the playground there." Rayn explained his side and both Ethan and Debbie thought about it. "You are right Luna. It does make more sense to have the playground near the pack house, it's safer and would be easier for the parents to watch the kids from the pack house. Thank you Luna." Debbie finally agreed. Once Rayn was sure that everything was agreed on and there was no more issues he excused himself and headed to the next thing on his list of tasks. It was only 9:30 so he was making better time then he thought he would. He was sure the garden issue was going to take longer to resolve then it did. "You really are doing greet as Luna Rayn, and I am not trying to kiss ass." Rayn laughed at Rico's comment. "Thanks Rico, I really appreciate it. Now lets get over to Amy's. Seems her son and his best friend got caught skipping school Friday." Rayn explained as they headed towards Amy's house.

The walk to Amy's only took about ten minutes. One of the things Rayn loved about living in a pack was the closeness of the members. The layout of the packs land was actually quite nice. Most of the members of the pack lived in one of the three apartment complexes close to the pack house and then there was about twenty family's that had houses built near by as well. Amy lived in the closet apartment complex so the walk was short. Rayn knocked on the door and Flex, Amy's mate, answered. "Morning Luna, Rico." Rayn and Rico both greeted him and followed him into the apartment where their son Chase, his friend Conner and his dad Peter were waiting with Amy. They all greeted him as he came to stand in front of Chase and Conner. Not wanting to waste time Rayn cut out the pleasantries and went straight to the point. "So your parent have informed me that the two of you were caught skipping school Friday and have also informed me that this isn't the first time you have done this. So what do you two have to say about this?" Rayn asked them as he crossed his arms. Both kids looked up and him and apologized to him. "Sorry isn't going to cut it boys. So just what was so important that required you to skip school?" Rayn waited for one of the boys to say something and after a few minutes Conner finally voiced up. "If your not going to tell them then I will." Conner told Chase. Chase gave him a 'don't you dare' look which Conner ignored. "We skipped so that we could go play the new Call of Duty game that was release." "Conner you ass, I told you not to tell them." Chase snapped and an argument started between the boys. Their parents tried to stop it, but it was when Rayn finally lost his composer and yell for the boys to knock the hell off. At the moment the entire room fell silent. It was the first time any of them had seen Rayn snap, so it had caught everyone including Rico off guard. "Sorry for yelling, but you boys will not act like this in front of me or your parents. Do you understand me?" He said to the boys, his voice clearly showing the his annoyance of the disrespectful display the boys had shown. They both flinched and then apologized yet again. "Your reason for skipping school to play video games is bad enough, but to use that kind of language in front of all of us in completely unacceptable. That being said, one top of what ever punishment your parents have given you. You will also be on cleaning duty at the pack house for a month. As well you will write apology letters to your parents, teachers and to me for the way you have behaved. I expect the letter to be at least one page long and in the Alpha's office by tomorrow morning. If its not there by then or you try to skip school again you can expect to have a month of garbage collection for the entire complex to be added to your punishment. Am I clear?" Both boys looked at him like deer in headlights. "Well?" "Yes Luna!" The boys blurted out. Satisfied with there acknowledgment he once again apologized for yelling and said his good byes. Both he and Rico walked back to the Pack house in silence.

Rayn entered the pack house clearly still agitated by what had just happened with the boys. He walked into the kitchen on the main floor and grabbed a soda from the fridge. He was so lost in his thoughts that when Asami called his name he jumped. "Fuck you scare the shit out of me." He squeaked as Asami pulled him into a hug. "I could say the same thing. What's wrong? Did something happen?" "Its nothing to worry about. I handled it." Rayn said as he pulled out of Asami's hold and began cleaning up the soda that had spilled when he jumped. "Rayn.." "Its really nothing Asami, just please back off. It's nothing to be concerned about." "Rayn I can feel the aggravation coming from you through our bond." "It's really nothing to worry about Alpha." Rico spoke as he entered the kitchen. "The kids that were caught skipping just pissed him off. He just needs to cool off." Rico explained and Rayn just sighed. "Chase and Conner have a month of cleaning here at the pack house and are expected to have an apology letter in your office by tomorrow morning. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go take a shower. Alone." Rayn huffed before heading upstairs leaving both Asami and Rico flabbergasted.

Rayn stepped out of the shower and sighed. He was feeling better now that he was able to cool his head. It had been a while since the last time he had lost his cool like he had at Amy's. He could handle most things when it came to kids, but the total disrespect the boys had shown to not only their parents but to him had hit a nerve. He could hear Goddric and Asami talking in the other room and knew he was in trouble with them. When he had lost his temper Goddric had attempted to talk to him over their bond, but Rayn had ignored him completely. He also knew that him snapping at Asami downstairs wasn't helping. With a sigh he opened the bathroom door and exited the room. Both Goddric and Asami stop talking and looked at him. The looks on their faces conformed that he was in trouble with them. He sighed again and walked over to the couch and plopped down in the middle. "Well come on you too." He called to them and waited for them to sit down beside him. "Yes I know why you are upset." He told them once they were sitting beside him. Goddric's irritation was the strongest of the two of them. "Upset? Little one I am quite a bit more then upset. Not only did something happen, but you completely ignored me. Then you snapped at Asami who was trying to help you." Goddric was livid and Rayn was well aware that he fucked up. "I know and I am sorry. I just needed to calm down so that I could think straight. As far as what happened its really not as bad as you too are clearly thinking." "Really then enlighten us." Asami snapped at him and he definitely deserved it. He sighed and rubbed his hand through his hair. "I was at Amy's dealing with Chase and Conner. They started arguing with each other and then just being completely disrespectful to not only each other and their parents but also to me. I lost my cool and snapped at them. I wasn't expecting to lose my cool like that so I was irradiated with them and myself for snapping like I did. I wasn't trying to block you out Goddric. I didn't want to snap at you and at the time I would have. As for snapping at you Asami. I really didn't mean too and I am sorry. I was trying to calm down so that I could talk to both of you without snapping." He told them, but refused to look at either of them. Even without looking he could tell they were both scowling. Yup he had definitely, 100% totally fuck up. It was dead silent for several minutes before Goddric reached over, cupped his chin and forced him to look at him. He wasn't using much force and Rayn could have easily broke free, but the look on Goddric's face is what made him stay still. "What you just did is exactly why I don't think you are ready to go back to work. If we can't trust you to talk to us over something small like this when we are this close, then how do you expect us to trust you when you are at work?" Goddric hissed, but quickly regained his own composer. "I can understand you not wanting to snap at me, but when I try to reach out to you and you completely block me out we have a major problem. If its something that you need a moment to compose yourself then you need to tell me that. Just simply telling me that you were okay and needed a moment to calm down would have been enough. However you chose to block me out." "I.. I know it was a mistake. I wasn't thinking about that. Its the first time in a really long time that I snapped like that. I wasn't sure how to react to be honest. I know that's noe xcuse for my actions..." "You damn right it's not." Asami growled. "I think we should consider pushing off you starting back to work for a few more weeks." "WHAT! You can't be serious Goddric!" Rayn snapped. "I am very serious. You haven't even started work and you have already failed to keep one of the terms we agreed on." Rayn could see just how serious Goddric was, but that didn't stop him from snapping at him. "Goddric this is to much. You are treating me like a child. I get that I made a mistake, but I am still an adult. I want to work. Just because you are my mate does not mean you have to right to control everything I do. Its like you are not even considering my feeling at all." With that said Rayn removed himself from Goddric grip and was off the couch and slamming the bedroom door before either of his mates could process what had just happened.