Chapter twenty seven - Breaking.

"This is very... unexpected," The man with the thick Russian accent starts, slowly walking towards Bucky with conviction while his hands rested coolly behind his back. "We spent months searching for you, Solider. We expected to find you soon, however, we did not expect you to come to us." The man plastered a big smile on his face, one that sent shivers up Amelia's spine as she stood behind Bucky's figure. Bucky's jaw tightened, and Steve panted for air from his last fight but stood there in as much shock as the others, looking around at the agents that surrounded them. "I've been handling the mission in finding and restoring you since Pierce died, so I'm probably a new face to you. If it counts for anything, I have met you before -- but you've probably forgotten."

Bucky tightened his fists at the mention of his memory being wiped. He hated this man, and how easily the man thought it would be to mock Bucky right in front of him. If the room wasn't filled up with a hundred agents with guns pointed at their heads, Bucky swore he would've snapped the vertebra bones that this man carried and made sure to seriously damage his spinal cord to kill him immediately.

"I'm Voronkov." The man introduces himself, stopping in his tracks. He lifted his hand and gestured towards the fixed agents around the room. "You probably already figured out that you're out numbered. So I'm asking politely, Soldier, come with us now and your two friends won't get hurt. Oh, and Captain, you can come too."

It's silent for a short moment. It was true that they were out numbered, by a lot of people. Bucky knew that if he didn't come with them then they would surely kill Amelia and Evan -- and without hesitation. And Bucky didn't want that, but he also didn't want to be their puppet. Not again.

He hated the amount of control HYDRA had over him.

Then again, Bucky and Steve we're better than the men in this room put together. Would that really be enough to try and fight back? Even so, it wouldn't guarantee the safety of Amelia and Evan. If they fight back now, there's a high possibility that Evan and Amelia might not come out alive in the process.

Bucky didn't want that either.

His face fell when he realised that his options were low. Non of them were going to be coming out of the building of who they once were. And even if Bucky and Steve decide to go back with HYDRA, he felt very convinced that they would kill Amelia and Evan anyway.

Bucky was snapped back into reality when he felt something soft touch his hand. He looked down and saw that Amelia had slipped her hand into his, giving it a slight squeeze in comfort despite the situation they were in.

"If I was to come with you..." Bucky started, and immediately he felt Amelia's hand tense as the mention of him returning back with HYDRA. "You have to promise these won't get hurt."

"Bucky..."

"Promise me." Bucky said with gritted teeth, staring at Voronkov with dead eyes. "You know me and Steve can fight everyone in this room and still make it out alive. Hurt them and I promise you, no one will live to see the next day. Do I make myself clear?"

Amelia didn't think she ever saw Bucky so angry, and Steve and Evan just stood there looking at him, unsure on what to do to make the situation any easier. Steve understood why Bucky was saying this, he didn't think there was any more options either. Voronkov, however, just stood there while a sinister grin made it's way on his face.

"Do I make myself clear?" Bucky repeated loudly, and Voronkov chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yes, yes you're making yourself quite clear. It's good to know you and Captian are on a first name basis," Voronkov grinned, refering to when Bucky mentioned Steve, "I promise I won't hurt your friends and blah blah blah. Does mean you'll come back with us?"