Chapter nineteen - Heated moments.

The next morning Bucky, Amelia and Evan set out pretty early. They didn't really want to have breakfast in the hotel since Amelia and Evan found out that they don't make pancakes on certain days- and today was one of those days.

So Evan got in the back seat of the car again, Amelia drove and Bucky sat next to her. It didn't take long for them to find a little cafe in a small shopping center. Evan noticed that there was a sign on the cafe window that read 'Free Wifi,' so without hesitation he grabbed his laptop and brought it with him. Amelia would've done the same- except she left her laptop back at her wrecked apartment. Her mind then trailed onto Alaska, and she wondered how she was doing. She felt small dose of sympathy for Alaska because of that she had been through. Her cat was family to her. Alaska was there when she had no one- but she couldn't have done anything to prevent HYDRA's men from attacking her apartment, she was lucky to have managed to grab Alaska and take her to Evans.

Amelia shakes her head, feeling pathetic for over reacting about her petite family member. She was fine in the hands of Evan's lovely neighbor. As they push the door open to the cafe, a ding of a bell can be heard, letting the owners and workers of the cafe know that they have customers. Amelia smiles as she smells the familiar smell of coffee, and Evan makes a humming noise, already excited for his orders.

"Alright then dude, whatcha want?" Evan asked Bucky, and Bucky stops looking at the posters on the wall and stares at him, confused. "...Well?"

"I'll, uh, have whatever you're having," Bucky replied, "Dude."

Evan smiled happily and nodded, turning towards the counter. Amelia smirked to herself, shaking her head at Evan. At least she had the common sense to know that Bucky doesn't even know what half the stuff on the menu are.

"Can I have two Espresso's please, and-" Evan turns to Amelia, and she mouths what drink she wanted to him. He then turned back around to face the man behind the counter, "A Caffè latte, please."

"Sure thing!" The man with the slightly grey mustache replied with his strong, American accent, "Anythin' else?"

"Yes!" Evan grinned enthusiastically, "You cook pancakes, right?"

"Sure do, just check the menu." The man chuckled, nodding towards the menu that hung on the wall.

"Great, so can we have three plates of pancakes then, with a bottle of syrup?"

"It's $2.50 for three pancakes each plate, or $3.00 for five pancakes."

"Just three each, please."

"Okay then sir, that would be $12.60." He smiled politely, and Evan smiled back and gave him a twenty dollar note. Evan received his change then they all sat by the window of the cafe. The joined chairs beneaththem were a comfortable, red leather with a table between it. Evan sat opposite Amelia and Bucky sat next to her as they waited calmly for their order. Evan exhaled with relief as he opened up his laptop and typed in his password before typing in the wifi password which was also on a piece of paper that was stuck on the wall with a piece of glue tack.

Then Evan started typing away on his laptop so fast that Amelia thought the keypad was going to set on fire.

She shook my head and ignored him, turning to face Bucky, "What's up?"

He raised his eyebrow and looked up, "The ceiling?"

"Don't be sarcastic with me, you little shit."

Bucky lets out a laugh, "I'll try not to."

"And you, what are you doing?" Amelia turns her head to look at Evan, who was still typing on his laptop, "Don't get doing anything illegal in public."