Chapter sixteen - Evan.

Evan exhales softly, his legs aching from his extensive walks in the office earlier on this morning that also carried on through the evening. He got home at half past four. He chucked his car keys on the kitchen counter and grabbed a can of Pepsi before going into his living room. He groaned with pleasure as he finally sat down on his comfortable couch, his can of fizzy pop sizzling as he opens it. He takes a seat and grabs the remote, turning on the TV. He felt too tired to move to his bedroom to get changed out of his formal wear and into more, comfortable clothing. He told himself he would do that after a five minute rest.

Evan puts his can of Pepsi onto the coffee table, relaxing in his seat and kicking his old converses off. He grabs his phone to check to see if he had any notifications, but doesn't get as far as typing his phone password in as he's cut off by a noise.

The door knocking.

Evan mentally rolls his eyes to the back of his head, not wanting to move from the couch. He grumbles, chucking his phone onto the couch before sitting up and walking over to the door with the same, blank, bored facial expression.

He opens his door, almost shocked at the sight he saw. He saw a dude, who had faint dots of blood on his cheek from where he had been fighting agents. His shirt was ripped, and he looked tired. He also saw his best friend, Amelia, whose hair was messed all like she had been dancing and whipping her hair back and forth intensely. Sweat formed at the top of her forehead and she held her cat Alaska in her arms. Her cat, however, looked traumatized. Like she had seen a ghost.

Evan's face still remained unmoved. He still had the same blank, bored facial expression on. He analysed them both, for a few seconds, before stepping aside and opening the door wider. Amelia smiles at him, then takes a step forward, walking into his home. Evan stared at the random dude that was beside her, and he followed after Amelia like a lost puppy.

Evan stared at where they once stood, thinking. He finally furrowed his eyebrow's and turned around, shutting the door behind him. He walked into the living room, seeing Amelia had sat in his previous space. She had put Alaska on the floor, and she ran off to hide almost immediately. Amelia grabbed his can and started to drink his Pepsi.

"Not the Pepsi." He warns, grabbing the can out of her hands. She frowns, sighing and resting back against the couch, closing her eyes.

"I missed this sofa."

Evan blinks at her, unbelievingly. "...Why the fuck do you look like trash?!"

"Oh thanks," Amelia scoffs, "Because every woman loves hearing that."

Evan rolls his eyes, then looks over at the stranger in his apartment, slightly pointing a finger at him, "And who's that?"

"That's Bucky."

"Bucky?"

"Bucky."

"Whats that, like a nick name or something?"

"Yeah."

"Why Bucky?"

"I thought you're a massive fan?" Amelia sighs, standing up. She places both her hands on each side of his arms, looking in his eyes. Bucky shifts uncomfortably, not sure on what to do or what to think. "This is Bucky."

Evan looks at her with confusion and takes another glance at Bucky. He shakes his head and looks back at Amelia, "I don't understand..."

Amelia grabs his chin, his cheeks pushing together, making him pull an unnatural funny face. She forces him to turn and look at Bucky again.

"What are you trying to-" He pauses when he notices the familiar look of his hero's best friend. He remembers how much of a fan he was of Steve, and how he knew lots about him. And then he remembers Bucky, and how familiar the stranger in his apartment looked. "...OH."

"There we go."

"HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!" Evan explains, looking at Bucky with disbelief. Amelia lets go of his face.

"Alright, don't scare him-"

"OH MY JESUS GOD LOOK AT HIM HAVE YOU SEEN HIM?"

"Evan-"

"IS HE EVEN REAL?!"

Amelia slaps the back of his head. He reaches his hand up and rubs his dark, blond locks with a frown.

"Ow!"

"Will you calm the hell down and let us explain?" Amelia finally let out. Evan nods, still shocked. "Come and sit down." She tells Bucky, smiling at him softly. He trails over to the couch awkwardly and sits down next to her, still confused about the words that came of of Evan's mouth. 

"Right," Amelia huffs, "Go make us a drink and I'll tell you everything."