Chapter twenty four - Alarms.

"Turn right." Amelia heard Evan speak through the phone as he watched the both of them through CCTV. Bucky glanced over at her and she nodded her head to the right, causing Bucky to nod to show he understood before they both turned right and slowly walked down the reticent, hushed hall. Amelia hated the fact that it was so bright in the building. Each walls were plastered with white paint and on the floor they walked on was a light grey carpet. It smelt oddly fresh, like someone had tried to cover up something- but she tried to ignore her thoughts and focused on Evan's voice as he gave them directions.

"Shit, a group of people are coming from the corridor on the left and they don't look very friendly, it's likely that they'll recognise the two of you. Hide in that room next to you, I think it's empty."

"You think?" She harshly whispered to him as she sprinted to the door next to her. Bucky furrowed his brows and followed her, confused to what was happened. He couldn't hear Bucky so Amelia had to tell him everything.

"Someone's coming." Amelia stated, getting down on her knee and picking the lock with a bobby pin that she had pulled promptly from her hair. 

"You need to hurry." Apprehension laced Evan's voice as he spoke. Amelia couldn't do nothing but to take her time with the lock, and Bucky stood behind her as kept a look out. Finally, Amelia heard a click and quickly stood back up and opened the door, grabbing Bucky's shoulder and dragging him into the room with her before quietly closing the door behind her. She examined the room, seeing that it was someone's office. She sighed with relief and leaned against the door. Thank god no ones in here.

Evan watched the camera's as the group of thug-looking men walked past. He sighed with relief too and told Amelia and Bucky that it was now safe, allowing them to step back outside the room to resume their mission. Evan continued to give them directions and they walked past a few business men and women every now and again, but luckily they didn't notice or seem to think anything was suspicious about the two. The outfits Amelia and Bucky wore must be really paying off.

While walking down on of the corridors, Amelia walks past a room which has a rectangular glass window on, and she couldn't help but to look in as she walked past and noticed a few scientist messing around with various, bright liquids. She felt a cold shiver run down her spine, she didn't even want to know what they were working on in there.

"Wait," Evan says, and Amelia holds out her arm in front of Bucky so they stopped walking, "If you peek your head around the next corner, you'll see a door with about four agents guarding it. Do you think Steve is in there?"

Amelia ignores his question and leans her body against the wall, slowly turning her head around the corner to peak at what Evan was talking about. Once she saw she turned back around to face Bucky, who stared at her while waiting for answers.

"There's four agents guarding a door, Evan thinks that's where Steve is."

"Can't he take I look in the room from CCTV?" Bucky questioned. Evan obviously over heard and replied back instantly.

"I don't think there's CCTV in there, whatever they're doing in there they want to keep private."

"He said that there isn't a camera in there that's allowing him to see." Amelia told Bucky, who just exhaled while he tried to think of a plan.

"Evan, is there any other agents near by?"

"Not yet," Evan replied, "There will be. I saw another four leave the room earlier with some weird looking guy. He was creepy, had a smirk on his face n' everything."

"He said there's non at the moment, but thinks they could come back soon."

"Okay then," Bucky started, and Amelia looked down to see Bucky pulling the small throwing knives out of his holster, "Steve better be in that room."