November 18, 2020 - NXT

I pushed Damian in the chest hard as he walked up to me. He stumbled backward a couple of steps only because he allowed it. I couldn't make him move on my best day.

"What was that for?" He laughed.

"You're an asshole," I said.

Damian laughed and closed the gap between us, "And why is that?"

"You just punched Leon to get him disqualified!"

Before Damian could respond, William Regal walked up with cameras following him. "Priest," he called, causing Damian to step beside me so that I was in full view of the camera.

I wasn't scheduled to be in this promo. I hadn't even known it was about to happen, but Damian was putting me in it. He and I were happy to continue our little dating angle even though I was done with Candace and there wasn't much of a need for us on camera anymore.

Regal was nearly beside Damian now, all but ignoring me. "What makes you think you can interfere in others' matches? You just punched Leon right in the mouth. What were you thinking?"

Damian was trying to protest and finally got a word in, "Mr. Regal, I understand. I know you gotta be just as sick as I am of watching Johnny walk around like he owns the place..." He rattles on about how it was a joke and he was just having too much fun. I tuned him out, even when he stepped back and grabbed my hand. I just interlocked our fingers and looked liked I cared about what he and Regal were saying.

Then Leon was marching up to us asking if he was just a joke to Damian. I would have thought that was obvious when Damian punched him so that he would win by disqualification. Leon had gotten just enough conviction in his voice that Damian let go of my hand and stepped in front of me. I looked up at Leon and then.

Leon's hand cracked loudly against Damian's face. My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head.

"I'm nobody's joke," Leon said then stomped away.

Damian glared daggers at him and I felt frozen. There was no way Damian was going to let that lie. He looked over at Regal who looked just as appalled as I felt, "serves you right."

I held back a laugh at that. It did serve him right. Damian nodded and looked back at me. He stretched out his hand which I took. Then touched my palm against his cheek, "and what did we learn?"

"Don't try to help people?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek which was turning a bit red, "don't be an asshole."

He sighed, "But I'm so good at it."

The cameras had stopped rolling and Regal had walked away. It was just Damian and I standing in a deserted area that would likely start flowing with people once everyone realized the promo was over.

We let our hands fall away from each other and Damian smiled down at me as though he knew something I didn't.

"What?" I asked.

"Your boys are back tonight."

I groaned. "They are not my boys."

Damian looked unamused by my protest. Then a flicker of pure amusement flooded his features, "fine. Your boy is back tonight."

I narrowed my eyes at him, but he continued before I could say anything. "Fish should already be here actually."

I ran my hand through my hair, "keep talking and we'll see if I can leave a handprint on that cheek of yours."

"So defensive." Damian nearly laughed. "You just know that you want to go talk to him. And hate that you do."

"It's rude to try to give away your girlfriend." I folded my arms over my chest and glared up at Damian. He knew nothing about mine and Bobby's relationship...or lack thereof. He only knew what he saw and that wasn't much. Especially since I hadn't seen or talked to Bobby in a month. He texted me a few times, but I had ignored them all. Kyle and Adam had tried to get me to talk to them and to him. I just started ignoring them too.