November 25, 2020 - NXT

I sat back in my chair in catering and took a drink of water as I watched the screen. After mine and Rhea's grueling match last week, I had the night off. Well, I still had to be in the building, but I didn't actually have a match. Thank goodness too because I was reminded of my bruised ribs each time I tried to take in too deep a breath.

"Hey," Damian's tall self fell into the chair next to me. "How're you feeling?"

I sighed and winced from the pain that radiated through my abdomen. "I am just wonderful."

His eyebrows shot up as I tried to get my breath back. He was dressed in jeans and one of his own t-shirts and a bandana in his hair. I forced a smile back at him, "seriously, I'm good. I'm even cleared to wrestle. I just don't have a match."

"Me either," He said. "Just the Kevin Owens' Show."

Before I could respond, the UE's music filled the room. My eyes snapped up to the screen, watching intently as Adam, Roderick, Kyle, and Bobby marched down to the ring and asked for microphones.

"You still haven't talked to him?" Damian was leaning in close to me now. His voice was low so that only I could hear.

"No," I said dryly. "And I don't intend to."

"Savannah," he sighed.

"Damian, what do you even know about this?" I snapped. "Nothing. So just stay out of it."

He recoiled, but then leaned in again. "I know that you both have feelings for each other. I also know that whatever went down between you two was big. And I know that you're not happy with the way things are otherwise you wouldn't be staring at Fish on screen like he's the only man in the damn world."

I cut my eyes over to him. Damian leaned back with a smug grin on his face. He knew he was right and I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of me admitting it. I pushed up from the table without a word and walked out of the room. Damian called after me, but I ignored him. I would see him before the show was over and tell him that I wasn't mad. It's not like I can be mad at him for being right.

Bobby and I hadn't been fooling anyone. I was pretty certain that Rhea and Adam had teamed up to push Bobby and I together. Kyle made not so subtle hints often. Over the month that I tried to forget about his existence, Kyle and Adam had texted me, trying to tell me that Bobby missed me. Roderick was the only one minding his own business out of the UE. I wasn't sure how long it would be until he got pulled in, but I doubted that he'd be able to steer clear forever.

It had been more than a month since I had seen them all, and I was missing my friends. Now that the UE was back from their vacation days I didn't know how long I could keep the group out of my house. Better to do this now then when we all ended up pumped full of alcohol and crammed into my living room.

I heard the UE's music play as their promo ended. Adam was the first through the curtain. He stopped on the last step as he was coming into the backstage. He just stared at me. I raised my eyebrows at him, "I'm not here for you Cole, keep moving."

Adam continued walking then Roderick, who smiled at me. Kyle was next down the steps, he touched my shoulder, but didn't say anything. I looked up to the stage just as Bobby spotted me. He froze midstep. I stared back at him, still conscious of the fact that Adam, Roderick, and Kyle were standing just a few feet in front of me. And they were definitely staring at me.

I pointed toward the locker room, "we need to talk." Before I lost what little bit of nerve I had, I walked through the UE and just hoped that Bobby was following me. He was. Of course, he was. He'd been trying to talk to me pretty much every day for the past month.