After War Games

Once we got to the hospital, it was a whirlwind as always. WWE paid for us to have the best medical care possible, which sometimes meant that we got X-Rays at 10 p.m and our doctors were called in at the same horrible hours.

We bypassed the waiting and triage and went straight back to a room and Bobby was taken back to get X-Rays while he was still updating paperwork. Adam and Roderick met me in the room right after Bobby left. They both had cups of coffee and both took seats in the room, while I leaned against the sink.

"So War Games was awesome." Adam said.

"Yeah, it was." Roddy agreed. "Did you see the pinball thing I did? That was cool."

Adam nodded with a smile. Then turned to me, "Your match was great too."

"I lost." I said with an eye roll.

"Yes, but you also jumped off the side of the cage. That was awesome." Roddy said.

"It was pretty awesome." I relented.

We stopped speaking. It was safe to say the adrenaline was long gone for all of us. We were exhausted. My shoulder was throbbing and my back was hurting. I stifled a yawn. "Where is Kyle?"

"He had to stay at work for a meeting with Creative." Roddy said then yawned himself.

'Hell of a time for a meeting." I said.

"Apparently it was very important." Adam said and chugged his coffee.

We fell into a comfortable silence until the door opened and Bobby walked in with a nurse. He sat down on the bed and finished up his conversation with the nurse which I wasn't bothered to listen to. The nurse left and Bobby looked over all of us. Before any of us could say anything, Bobby sighed. "I had X-Rays taken. The tech didn't seem thrilled about whatever she saw, but we have to wait for the radiologist to read them."

Adam nodded and ran a hand through his long hair. I was surprised that it wasn't in a ponytail. Bobby looked between him and Roddy, "Why don't you two go home? You both have wives that probably want to make sure you're all in one piece."

"Cause you're our best friend." Adam said as though that was all the reason they needed.

"And I appreciate it, but seriously. Go home." Bobby said. "I will let you know whatever the doctor says."

Adam and Roderick shared a look then both turned to me. "Are you staying?" Adam asked.

"Obviously." I said. "I will let you know whatever he tries to hide from you."

The boys laughed. Roderick stood up, "then let's go." He and Adam said their goodbyes and made me promise two more times to text them when we had more news.

Once they were gone, Bobby motioned for me to come sit next to him. I did despite every logical part of me screaming at me to stop. I knew this was a dangerous game, but I was going to keep playing.

"Thank you for coming," he said. I was next to his good arm, which he wrapped around me as though it was out of habit.

"You knew I would."

He nodded, "yeah, I did. Even though you had every right to say no."

"I should have said no." I whispered.

He didn't respond to that. Instead, we sat in silence. I leaned against his shoulder and tried not to yawn. Eventually, it happened. I yawned so big that my cheeks hurt.

Bobby rubbed my back. "I'm sorry, I know it's so late. And you must be so tired."

"I don't mind." I said, but I was tired. My eyes were so heavy that I stood up. Bobby stood with me, wincing as he did. "Don't hurt yourself." I said.