War Games

I leaned heavily on the referee as he helped me up the ramp after our War Games match. It was a hell of a match. Every inch of me hurt, but it was nothing that would linger for too long. I would get ice and meds from the trainer and be fine.

We were in the in-between. The women's War Games had just ended. Raquel had pinned me which I'm sure would lead to a title shot for her, but I didn't care about that right now. The cage was being lifted, the weapons were being cleared and the women were all limping to the back with me. Dakota was being carried after a trainer had been called to check over her. I was hoping that she wasn't injured, but it seemed likely.

We passed Thatcher and Ciampa who were waiting for our match to be cleaned up so they could have theirs once we were behind the curtain.

"I got it." I told the referee, Drake, and took my arm out from around him. He looked at me worriedly before deciding I was steady enough to walk on my own.

"I'll get her to the trainer's room." Bobby said, walking up to us from the side. Drake nodded at him and headed back through the curtain to continue helping.

Bobby's eyes raked over me. I looked a mess, I'm sure. I had just been in a war so I was allowed to be a bit of a mess right now. Bobby brushed my hair back from my face where it was sticking to my cheek. "Come on, trainer's room."

"But, I'm fine." I whined. I was not fine. I was absolutely going to the trainer's room, but why make it easy.

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows. "Lift your arm above your head."

I lifted my left arm above my head while bracing my right tight against my body.

"Your other arm."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, trainer's room."

He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I can walk fine." I said, putting my arm around him anyway.

"Just go with it."

I did. That had been our motto since this past Thursday when we went to get breakfast. Everyone had been awake once we got back to my house with breakfast and they had all eaten happily, if hungover. After a while, everyone left and I filled Rhea in on everything that happened leaving out only the details of what went down in my room. She had smiled so big and went on and on about how she was right and we were totally in love.

She wasn't far off. Although, I wouldn't say we are in love just yet.

"Let me know that you're okay when you're done?" Bobby said, pulling me out of my own head. We were standing in front of the trainer's room and Bobby had pulled me into him with both hands circling my waist.

"Yes, but I'm fine." I said. I grabbed the doorknob and his hands fell away from me. Without thinking too much about it, I turned back and kissed his cheek. His beard tickled my lips and he smiled.

**

As I thought, I was fine. The biggest concern was my ribs, which I had to go get an Xray of the next day. I felt like they were fine though. I had ice strapped to my shoulder, but I had taken it off to shower. I changed into ripped jeans and Damian's t-shirt even though I wasn't going to be on screen with him tonight. I just liked wearing the oversized shirt.

I sat a table in the screening room and typed out a message to Bobby.

Me: I'm fine. I have to get an Xray of my ribs tomorrow, but that's just to be safe.

Bobby: How's your arm?

Me: Sprained my shoulder. I'm out for about a week...maybe two.