Chapter V

|Jeno

I parked my motorcycle in front of a ramen shop that my mom owns before. She gave the shop to the workers before she died and I come here often to check up on them, and sometimes we hang out here with my friends.

I entered the shop and there are no customers but I heard shouting. I immediately checked what was going on.

I saw a bunch of students shouting at the workers.

"What the fuck are you being noisy for?" I cut in.

"Get lost," one of them said to me.

"Is it that hard to serve us the same dish when you fucked up the first one you served?" one of them shouted again.

"That is what the dish is supposed to taste like, sir. And if you wanted to replace it with another dish, you have to pay for it," the worker replied.

"How many times should I tell you that it's a replacement? Why the fuck are you being so stubborn?!" he raised his hand to slap the worker in front of him but I stopped him from doing so.

"Get the fuck out of here," I told him. From what I just did and say, he was pissed. He balled up his other hand into a fist and tried to punch me but I was able to duck. I twisted his arm to his back and he groaned in pain.

"If you want to get into a fight, make sure you're able to pay for the damages," I said and pushed him to leave. They were cursing and glaring at me as they walked out of the shop.

"Young Master Lee does your father know you're here?" the oldest worker asked me. Not even a thank you first for kicking those bastards out of here, huh?

"I told you guys to stop calling me that. It's so formal like I'm a noble prince when my father transports illegal drugs and weapons to other countries," I said and they panicked because of my last words.

"Young Master! Someone might hear you!" they warned. I looked around but there were no customers.

"There's no one here," I rolled my eyes.

"Young Master, we all know how illegal your father's businesses are but your family has helped a lot of people than you think, including us. It also seems that you still hate your father, don't you? Forgiveness is a really hard thing to give but young master, you know exactly what your mother wants you to do," the old man continued once again.

I just came here to check up on them but I ended up getting scolded.

"It is, so I'm gonna need time. I'll get there, I promise. Anyway, I'm just here to check up on you so I better get going. Call me when something happens again, alright?" I said and left the shop when I'm sure everything's fine. I was about to mount my motorcycle when my phone rang and Haechan was calling.

"Hey, I'm being ambushed by a group of gangsters right now. It seems that they're one of those people you've pissed. How many exactly are they? Anyway, I need backup. Come. Quick," he said, he has limited time talking to me.

"Why? Can't bring down a gang now?" I teased.

"Dude, didn't you hear me? I'm being ambushed by a gang. Ambushed. Gang. Many people and I am alone," he repeated and I chuckled.

"You've done it before, Haechan. Are you running out of fuel? Where's Renjun and the rest?" I asked as I finally sat on my motorcycle and inserted the key.

"Do you think I'm going to bother Renjun of all people? I'm gonna die in his hands than in these people and Chenle and Jisung are still kids, why would I drag them in this?" Haechan reasoned.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on my way. Send your location," I said and ended the call. Haechan immediately sent his location and I put my phone on the phone holder of my motorcycle.

-

I rushed there in no time. He's trapped by guys wearing face masks and holding different kinds of weapons. I won't be shocked if someone pulls a gun during the fight. It's like they're also waiting for Haechan's backup which is me. I got off my vehicle and approached Haechan.

"This is gonna be a lot of pain but I'll handle it," he said and rolled up his sleeves.

"The two of you will be visiting the hospital for days," one of the guys said as they approached us slowly. I laughed at his words and tapped Haechan's shoulder to prepare to beat up stupid some arrogant bastards.

"See you there," I replied and they start attacking at once. We're at a disadvantage but we'll find a way out.

We're able to dodge attacks from guys who brought baseball bats and managed to kick their asses away from us. We received countless painful punches and kicks from them but we returned them two times more painful. I was able to grab one of their metal bats and start hitting them hard with it.

"I swear, explaining this to Renjun will be a lot harder," Haechan complained between his fights.

I just laughed at him thinking more about what would Renjun do to him than his situation right now. The police should be here anytime now. Why are they taking so long?

Someone pulled a pistol at me that made me stop from fighting and was brought down to my knees when someone kicked my legs. The police eventually came with their noisy siren that made the gang run in panic. Haechan and I were left exhausted, our faces filled with bruises.

"The police are our only escape in situations like this. We can't take them down alone. Let's go," I said and ran towards my motorcycle and Haechan hopped on the back. Honestly, the guy from earlier could fire his gun. I wonder what made him hesitate.

"Drop me home," Haechan said so I took the way to their house that didn't even take twenty minutes to drive. I dropped him in front of a huge, modern, white house that's probably occupied by servants right now since his parents are not in the country.

"Let's meet at the basement tomorrow," he said as he enters inside. Motherfucker didn't even invite me if I would like to stay for a while but if it was my house, he'll probably enter without getting invited.

I drove off to one of my father's companies just to check if I could be a disappointment at anything or help. I kind of run errands for my father like transactions of money and stuff, completely not related to what I'm studying or maybe it does.

I went straight to his office and as if he was expecting me to arrive, he greeted me.

"You're here," he said.

"I'm here," I repeated and proceeded to sit on the couch in front of his table.

"What happened to you?" he asked. I gave him a smirk and answered.

"Went for an exercise," I said.

"If you won't let me order to bring down gangs coming after you, they won't stop," he continued.

"Nah. they'll get tired eventually. And I don't want them to be threatened that I'm a son of some powerful guy. It'll make me look like a coward. So? Do you have any job for me?" I asked, getting straight to my intentions of coming here. He first hesitated to tell me but I know he got no choice.

"I need you to go to one of our warehouses. There's a convoy waiting for you there to deliver guns. Here's the location where you'll be meeting the Italians to exchange the guns for their money. You know how a good transaction flows and how it's not, you know the drill. I don't want to send you to business like these but you're the only one I trust with these, Jeno. So please, be safe," he said and handed me a paper with details of the transaction. I stood up and scanned the paper.

I smirked.

"Of course," I said and left the building.