Chapter IV

|Jeno

I'm sitting on the floor of my room right now by the door, waiting to hear footsteps from outside.

I finally heard footsteps and the door to the library opened and closed.

I went out of my room silently and walked in front of the library's door.

What am I doing?

Even I don't know.

I fixed myself up and walked inside naturally, acting as I went here just to get something to read. But the thing is... I don't read.

I saw Jaemin stood in front of a shelf as he chooses a book to read. I honestly wasn't sure if he's the one who entered here but he's the reason why I'm here so yeah, lucky, I guess?

I approached him and searched the shelf he was searching as well.

"Why is it that you're always at a library?" I asked. This is humiliating and awkward.

"I thought you're not going to talk to me," he said and took a book from the shelf and then walked to a table. I just grabbed a random book and followed him.

"I didn't say that. What I said was we're definitely not going to be good friends," I corrected him.

He looked at me with eyes that made me shiver.

"Then do you wanna be more than friends?" he said that made me stopped. I choked after hearing him say that.

That was... smooth? Something is going on with this man. That wasn't okay.

I cleared my throat before answering him.

"Well, we could be, but it's not that easy. Let's start from being... friends," I said.

"Okay," he replied and started reading silently.

Well...? That's it? I'm hoping not.

I took my phone from my pocket and went to our group chat.

'gentlemen, I got him' I typed.

They all seen it right away. That's a first time.

'who? jaemin?' Jisung asked.

'he's your boyfriend now? wow, that was quick' Renjun replied followed by Chenle's 'Thank goodness'. Haechan replied last with 'when's the wedding?'

I mentally rolled my eyes and started typing my reply.

'fuck y'all. It's your turn to befriend him tomorrow. do your thing and please, act normal. i won't be helping you.' I finally replied.

I put back my phone in my pocket and gazed at Jaemin.

"So, Jaemin. Nice meeting you," I said.

"You too," he replied, not even glancing at me. How are we supposed to be more than friends when he acts like this? I feel so humiliated.

"What are you reading?" I asked.

"Pride and Prejudice. How about you?" he asked back.

I looked at the book in front of me. Well, that's awkward. I grabbed the full novel of The Christmas Carol.

I ignored his question.

"It doesn't matter. Yours seems more interesting," I said and switch seats beside him. I looked at the book he was reading.

Hmm, pretty interesting.

"Is this how you make friends?" he asked innocently and I just realized I'm too close to him. My arm is resting on the back of his chair and his shoulder and my chest are touching. This is so embarrassing and awkward as fuck! This is not making friends at all!