Chapter I

|Jeno

I parked my motorcycle in front of the entrance of the manor as the maid took my helmet when I gave it to her. There was a fancy car parked there as well. 

"We have guests?" I asked the maids.

"Yes, young master. They are in the living room with your father," one of them answered.

I plan on avoiding them but the stairs and the living room are connected. I have no choice.

"Good afternoon, Dad," I unseriously greeted my father to get their attention.

It's been a long time since I've had a good relationship with my father and it just can't be resolved easily so whenever we have visitors around, I pretend we get along.

One of the guests turned his back to see me. The old and intimidating one.

"Right on time, Jeno. This is Mr. Na from one of our company partners and his son, Jaemin. He'll be staying with us until he finishes his studies at your school," my father introduced them.

I bowed to Mr. Na but his son didn't even bother to look at me. I can only see the side part of his face since he's so focused on whatever nonsense my father is saying. Giving me the cold shoulder very early, huh?

"I'll be in my room," I said and continued walking to my room.

An unfamiliar presence in the mansion? Might as well do something "fun" with him if he's going to stay around.

I threw my bag under the bed and turned the music loud. The sounds don't escape the room but it's enough for me to barely hear anything from outside.

I checked my phone for messages from my friends since they're planning on going to a night club later. I should go, I guess.

I went to my balcony and lit a cigarette just to see my father and Mr. Na bid their farewells by the entrance and Mr. Na completely left his son with my father.

Did he just make our house a hotel? What is this, Airbnb? Pathetic. Might as well have my friends live here, if that's the case.

I saw the Jaemin guy stay a little bit longer while my father went inside the manor first and he looked at my way. He stared at me for a good three seconds before finally getting inside. He doesn't look interesting at all but I can manage to do... something.

I went inside when I finished smoking. The telephone on the bedside table started ringing so I had to turn down my music and answer the call. The telephone is only connected all around the manor for a much easier communication with the helpers.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Would you like your dinner in your bedroom, young master?" the maid asked.

"No, I'll be joining my father," I denied.

"Understood," she answered and I hung up.

I changed my clothes into a more comfortable pair. And finally went out of my room once I finished and walked straight to the dining room.

I found my father sitting on his usual seat and the new guy on the right side of the table, having their meal already.

"I'm glad you decided to join us for dinner," my father said.

I once again decided to act less serious. I flashed a smile at him.

"Of course. I want to show a... good impression," I said as I sat down at the left side of the table, in front of the new guy.

We met our eyes but that was it.

"I assume both of you can be good friends. Can I expect that Jeno?" father asked.