Prologue

Tom Marvolo Riddle was born on December 31, 1926. He grew up in an orphanage and developed a fierce determination to stand out. During his years there, the young boy realized that he was different from the other children, capable of wondrous feats.

Tom attended Hogwarts from 1938 through 1945 as a well-beloved and highly respected Slytherin. He had accumulated many admirers, much of whom would follow him in later years. 

 After graduating from the wizarding school, the young wizard traveled from 1945 until 1949. However, what he did during those four years is unknown to all except himself and a now-dead woman. Who is this woman? Her name was Lyra (L/N), and she came from an ancient and truly pure-blooded family.

 In 1949, she gave birth to a baby boy named (M/N) Riddle, Tom's son. However, the man held no affection for his only child. He had a twisted plan for the boy, one that the mother had no intention of allowing. Her love became her downfall.

1950, Tom started working at Burgin and Burkes, slowly building power and followers. He threw himself into his work, never having any time for his one-year-old son.

At some point in the '60s, Tom became Lord Voldemort, and (M/N) watched as his father grew more and more powerful. The boy attended the same school, was sorted into the same house, and gained the same respect and admiration as his father had. 

In 1970, Voldemort started the First Wizarding War by taking advantage of one of the wizarding world's greatest weaknesses: the beings and creatures that they had outcast. His son simply observed, sticking to the sidelines as others burned in the spotlight.

1975, (M/N) Riddle killed his father with the help of a young Death Eater named Regulus Black in secret. (M/N) took over at The Dark Lord from the shadows with Regulus as his Second, very few knowing that Voldemort was dead. Regulus posed as Voldemort's personal messenger, the only one allowed to see him.

 Then, sometime in 1980-81, a prophecy was made and overheard by Severus Snape. He relayed all the information he had gathered to Regulus, who then told (M/N) about it and together they both narrowed down the possibilities to two families; the Potters and the Longbottoms.

 On October 31, 1981, he saw his chance to get rid of his father once and for all. (M/N) went to the Potters, killed the parents, left his own father's corpse in the house, grabbed the baby, then set the house on fire and left. The Lestrade's were in charge of killing the Longbottom adults while Regulus was to retrieve their son for his Lord. Thanks to careful planning, Severus Snape was framed for the murders of the Potters, the despicable Pettigrew died, and the Lestrade's were sent to Azkaban. What happened to the rest, (M/N) couldn't have cared less. (M/N) were planning to make some major changes to the legacy he had usurped, but those had to wait. For now, he'd remain in the shadows and raise his new sons with Regulus by his side.