The Brooms

Regulus was gone again, gathering information for (M/N) once more, while the older male decided to go back to Diagon Alley. He walked around for a bit until he reached a shop called Quality Quidditch Supplies. He walked in and immediately headed towards the broomsticks, spotting the latest Nimbus 2000. He bought two, the owner positively delighted. 

Harry, Draco, and Blaise were happily chatting at their table while Neville, Dean, Seamus, and Ron conversed at their own during breakfast. As the owls flooded into the Great Hall as usual, everyone's attention was caught at once by two long, thin packages being carried by six large screech owls each. One landed in front of Neville, with Hedwig dropping a note for him. The other was dropped right in front of Harry, their father's great horned owl delivering his note. The notes were practically identical. They basically said how proud (M/N) was of them, telling them not to open the packages while in the Great Hall, said that they were both Nimbus Two Thousand's, and instructing them to talk with their respective Captains. The brothers looked at each other, both grinning, and they quickly left the hall so that they could unwrap the broomsticks. Ron, Dean, Seamus, Draco, and Blaise followed them. They grouped together to talk as they walked away. "I thought first years weren't allowed broomsticks?" "Which one did you guys get?" "Did your father send those?" The boys kept asking questions before the Riddles could answer. Harry finally cut them off by laughing before replying for the two of them. "I don't know why, but we're apparently both on our Quidditch teams now, we got Nimbus Two Thousand's, yes our dad sent them, and no, we don't know how it got approved." Just then, Professor Flitwick appeared before them. "Congratulations, you two! Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, what models did you get?" "They're Nimbus Two Thousand's, sir." Neville answered this time, giving Harry a chance to breath. They walked away, separating to put their broomsticks away before lessons. When they got the chance, Harry and Neville spoke to Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint about training. 

The Riddle brothers bolted their dinners that evening and rushed to get their broomsticks, meeting up with each other to unwrap them. "Wow." The other boys admired the identical brooms, which were absolutely beautiful in their eye. Harry and Neville, however, were more interested in exchanging information about their training times. Neville would be meeting with Oliver at seven o'clock that night, whereas Harry would be practicing with Marcus at the same time the next night. They would both be their teams Seekers.