Chapter 3 - Hogwarts Express

(M/N), Regulus, Harry, and Neville all got in Regulus' car and drove to King's Cross Station. "Alright, when we get there, remember you have to walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. It looks like a solid wall, but I promise it's not-" "Relax, (M/N). We'll be there with them, remember?" Regulus chuckled from behind the wheel as the older male worried. "I just want to make sure-" "Daaaaaaaaaadddddddd. You've already told us, like, fifty times!! And that was just this morning!!!" Harry complained from beside Neville, who was trying not to laugh. "Ok, ok! But since this will be you're first time, Harry, you'll be going with Regulus and Neville will go with me." 

Once they actually made it to the station, (M/N) stayed with his sons, fussing, while Regulus went to get them trolleys. Together, they got both of the boys' stuff on the trolleys. Regulus steered Harry's as he carried Salazar in his cage. (M/N) pushed Neville's while he carried Hedwig in her cage. The four males walked into the muggle infested building, looking for platforms nine and ten. Once they located it, Harry and Regulus went first with the other two following shortly after. The adults helped get the boys' things in a compartment before the oldest started fussing over his sons. Regulus just watched, amused.

When the Malfoy's arrived, Lucius immediately steered his family towards the Riddles. "Mr. Riddle, we meet again. Mr. Black, good to see you." "Lucius, Narcissa, hope you're both well. Hello again, young Draco. Excited for Hogwarts?" The young boy nodded, remembering his father's words after the last time he met (M/N). "Yes sir, Mr. Riddle." The older man smiled kindly to the youngest Malfoy. "Want to sit with us?" Harry asked the other boy, his brother staying silent beside him. "Yes, thank you." Draco and his parents helped him get set up in the same compartment as the Riddle brothers. 

Finally, the train was departing. Harry, Neville, and Draco all stuck their heads out the window, waving goodbye to their families as they departed. (M/N) kept his smile on until they were out of sight, dropping it the moment he knew his sons couldn't see. "Is everything alright, Mr. Riddle?" Narcissa asked, instantly noticing the change. "I'm fine, just worried. Dumbledore is still Headmaster of Hogwarts, after all." Lucius nodded in agreement, believing that the two men shared the same concern. "Yes, it is a shame, isn't it? I would have liked to send Draco to Durmstrang instead, but Narcissa didn't want to send his so far from us." "I completely understand, I didn't want them being that far, either." "Thank you, Mr. Riddle." Mrs. Malfoy gave her husband an 'I told you so' look.  

On the train, the three boys happily chatted about anything and everything, quickly forming a bond. They were in the middle of discussing which houses they'd like to be in, when a smiling, dimpled woman slid back their door. "Anything off the cart, dears?" They got some of everything, the empty seat now filled with treats. They continued their conversation as they ate, enjoying themselves. At some point, a girl with lots of bushy brown hair and rather large front teeth came in. She was already wearing her Hogwarts robes. "You'd better hurry up and put your robes on, I've just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we're nearly there." She informed them with a sort of bossy voice. Draco scowled at her, but Harry just waved her off. "All right, thanks. Do you mind leaving while we change?" "Sure." She nodded before leaving, giving the boys some privacy so that they could get dressed. As soon as they were done, a voice echoed through the train: "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately." The three boys crammed their pockets with the last of the sweets and joined the crowd thronging the corridor.