Chapter 1 - Being a Dad

It had been a while since Regulus had last heard from his Lord, so the young Slytherin decided to visit the older male to see if everything was alright. He looked around the Dark Lord's home, but there was absolutely no sign of life. Starting to get worried, he hurriedly checked every room and closet, calling out for his Lord. Finally, he burst into what appeared to be a nursery room, finding (M/N) asleep in a rocking chair with the two stolen toddlers sleeping on his chest. Regulus snickered to himself before moving closer to the three sleeping figures. Upon closer inspection, he realized that the older man had circles under his eyes, his hair was messed up, and his clothes had various fluid stains. Harry and Neville, however,  looked to be in perfect health. 

"HARRY! GET DOWN, NOW!! HOW'D YOU EVEN GET UP THERE?!?!" (M/N) was panicking as the now three-year-old ravenette giggled from on top of the fridge. Neville was in the older male's arms, hugging a teddy bear to his chest and watching his brother with a curious expression. Just then, Regulus walked through the door with the groceries. He looked around the kitchen half-amused half-exasperated. "I leave for fifteen minutes..." The dark wizard glared at him, which normally would have made even the bravest of hearts falter, but Regulus was so used to it at this point, he just chuckled as he set down the bags of food. "Calm down, I'll get him." The younger male walked over to the fridge and held his arms open, only for Harry to jump down into them still giggling. (M/N) nearly had a heart attack and was about to start yelling at Regulus for scaring him, when Neville reached up to his face and smiled, effectively calming him down.

Harry and Neville were now seven, so Regulus and (M/N) decided to take them to the zoo for the first time. The boys were excited and amazed at all the different animals, wanting to see them all. The plan was to spend the whole day there and then grab some ice cream on the way back home. Everything was going great until they went in the reptile area. There, a boa constrictor caught the boys' eyes. They immediately ran over to it, Harry dragging Neville behind him. The snake started talking to Harry, and he spoke parseltongue back to it! That should be impossible!! To your knowledge, you were the only living descendent of Salazar, so how could he communicate with it so easily??? Neville, however, didn't know anything being said and looked confused as to why his brother was hissing back at the boa. 

(M/N) watched as his sons flew on their broomsticks, making sure they didn't get hurt. Harry, he noticed, was a natural flyer while Neville had some difficulty at first but soon got the hang of it. Regulus was currently at the Ministry of Magic, meeting with the Minister on behalf of his Lord. The older male felt it imperative to keep a firm grip on the whole Ministry, so that when he made his return to power, it would be an easy transition. The smirk on his face at the thought turned into a genuine smile when he saw Neville win the race between him and Harry, who secretly let the other pass him. They both looked so happy.