4. GMG

Gray's POV

It's been 7 years since I've seen Natsu. I wonder what our child looks like. It's been 7 years after all. I wonder if our child hates me for not being there.

In the qualifiers yesterday, there was the new guild.

Dragon Tail.

They wore all black cloaks with their guild marks on and different coloured masks. The hoods on their cloaks were up so I couldn't even see their hair or eye colour. The guild marks on their cloaks matched the colour of their masks. No one knows their real names but their nicknames are widely known. The only one whose name we know is their Guild Master, Kai - and even then we only know his first name - if that's even his real name. What is rather obvious is the rather significant height difference between the members - three of them looked to be about the same height as Gramps, including their Guild Master who was sitting on the edge of the stands the same wy Gramps was.

Their clothes were all black too - being trimmed and lined by their chosen colour: Pheonix was orange - the colour of fire; Apocolypse was a purple - usually worn by the royal family; Black  - true to his name, wore all black with only his guild mark and mask being white; Cocytus wore an deep sea blue and Calamity wore red - the colour of blood. Their Guild Master in the stands was dressed the same as them in green the only difference was his cloak and mask were decorated with small gold dragons.

I hold on to Natsu's scarf still wrapped around my neck even now. I miss that flame brain.

There was another guild in the qualifiers that I know next to nothing about. Sabertooth. Apparently they have two dragon slayers, Sting and Rouge, and they only accept the strongest into their guild. They're incredibly strong, Sabertooth and Dragon Tail are the Guilds to beat.

Kai's POV

We're in. Mama said that our father is competing on another team. He's in Mama's old guild - Fairy Tail - apparently. I've only met Fairy Tail's guild master once before.

Flashback

It's my first time meeting the rest of the guild masters. Uncle Zer told me to keep as much about us a secret as possible - especially our last name. The meeting starts in an hour so I'll wander around a bit. I'm only 6 so this is a big responsibility. I'm gonna prove I'm enough of a big boy to be in charge.

"Oi, Kid! What guild do you belong to?"

I turn around to see Master Makarov smiling at me. I was wearing Dragon Tail's usual uniform, (a t-shirt of our chosen colour, a black sleeveless jacket and pair of trousers both lined and trimmed in our chosen colour with a mask that only covered the top half of our faces - again in our chosen colour) I had taken my cloak off and put it my bag.

"Hello, Master Makarov. I am the Guild Master of Dragon Tail. My name is Kai."

"I've never heard of Dragon Tail before."

"You wouldn't have, we're a small guild and we only just registered with the Magic Council."

"Really now? What's the meaning behind the name? How many members do you have?"

"Um, well, we're a really small guild but we're family. For the name, um, we have several dragon slayers so we thought the name fit." 

Makarov doesn't seem too happy about my answer. "How old are you kid? You seem a bit young to be a guild master."

Oh no. What am I supposed to say? Someone help me! "Oh... my family decided I should be the Master."  There, now he doesn't know how old I am.