34

I stared deep at the plain water inside the glass in front of me. Head looking down, I chose to stay silent. Taeyong was taking a shower in his room's toilet.

"Why did he do that?"

*Flashback*

"I'm sorry for making you stay." He pulled me with him to the audience's seats and took our bags before leaving the auditorium.

"Sooah, leave the other unfinished things to me, I'll continue the work by tomorrow." Not trying to listen to others' opinion first, he just took me home.

*End Of Flashback*

How should I explain to others about that thing? I've never been so much close to Taeyong at school, I bet they won't believe any stories I'm trying to make up to cover my phobia. It'll be worse if they find out that I'm living in Taeyong's house.

I should talk to Taeyong about this, yes I should talk to him.

A sound of water pouring has stopped, which means that Taeyong has just finished taking shower.

"Taeyong!" Not knocking on the door before hand, I pushed the door opened. He was taking a step out of the toilet with towel wrapping around his waist while his right hand was making a mess of his hair.

He eyed me.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly pulled the door close. "I-I didn't see anything!"

Things keep getting weird between us, only now can I understand why he chose to do that 1 meter distance rule in the first place. Luckily Sooah has left the house, I couldn't imagine how embarrass would it be if she was here watching me doing that.

I took a seat at the dining table as soon as I saw Taeyong walking out from his room. Guessing that I was waiting for him, he sat in front of me.

"What is that urgent thing?" He smirked, pointing the 'urgent' word out as I was rushing to get him just now.

"Can you..keep it a secret for me?" He raised one of her eyebrow, probably confused by my sudden request. "I know they'll ask you why you pulled me out from the auditorium, please don't tell them about my phobia. I can't let others find out."

"Is it that bad if others find out?"

I simply nodded. "The kids in my primary school called me a coward. They stop hanging out with me, knowing that I can't join them to have fun at night. I thought, I can make friends when I enter high school. But I got treated the same, they even locked me in haunted house a-and I-" My eyes were looking down as my fingers started to pick the nails. "Sometimes, I wish I can live a normal life like the others. It's tiring, like I'm living in pain."

"I'm here with you." His cold hand grabbed both of my hands. "I won't let anyone do that to you again." Staring deep into his eyes made me released the tears that have been filling my eyes.

His promising words, made me feel safe. Really safe.

****

I woke up early to prepare breakfast but Taeyong seemed to have left earlier than usual. Taking out the food container from cabinet, I decided to just pack a lunch box for him.

I've affected his work yesterday, I bet he's gonna have a long day today. I packed the lunch box into a paper bag before getting myself dressed up and leave the house.

Since the moment I got off from the bus, a smile didn't leave my face. I felt excited and curious to know his reaction after receiving this. He'll like it, right?

I walked to Taeyong's class after failed to find his shaddow at SRC club. "You're..?" I was startled when a guy from his class suddenly came out after caught me peeking into his class.

"Oh, hi. I'm Hyeyoon from freshman year. Is Senior Lee Taeyong inside?"

"Taeyong? No, he's not here. Maybe he's still at the rooftop building A." I nodded, before taking my leave.

This university is just as big as that, it's tiring to walk from one building to another one. But I have to give this to Taeyong before his lunch.

I entered the lift and pressed the Basement button. As soon as the doors opened, I saw Lucas standing still in front of me. He stared blank at me, not moving an inch. So I finally pushed him aside, seeing how he blocked me from getting off. "Move aside, Lucas." He's really childish, I can just say that he's immature enough.

"You smile." He followed me by my side with his arm wrapping around my shoulder.

"Lucas, my hair!" He chuckled before suddenly snatched away the paper bag I've been holding in my hand. I used to hate people teasing, joking and play around. But I seemed to enjoy every teases I got from Lucas, he made me laugh easier than I think he could.

Maybe because he's really similar to that brat, Jisung. The only younger brother that I grew up playing with.

"Catch me if you can!" He ran away with the paper bag. This guy..he made me ran in the morning! Has he forgotten that we have a vocal test later? I might be unable to control my breath anymore.

"Lucas, wait!" I ran after him until the door of emergency stairs, he stopped after seeing me catching breath while my right palm softly rubbing my chest.

"Hyeyoon ah, are you okay?" He approached me with worry look put on, he patted my back. The moment his left hand touch my arm to slowly shake me, I stood straight and grabbed the paper bag away.

"Gotcha!" I burst in laugh, teasing his worry face. "Hyeyoon, a-are you okay?" I started to imitated his shaky voice, that was really funny. "I've never seen you that anxious, you know."

"You know to play around too, uh." His fingers running on my head, making mess of my hair.

"Of course I-" Unable to finish my sentence, the door suddenly being pulled open. Two familiar fingures standing right at the door frame.

It feels like I'm seeing an angel with a knight standing next to each other.

The two pink lunch boxes in his hand caught my attention more. I realized that my hand slowly moved to my back, hiding the paper bag.

I've never seen that lunch box in his house, all his kitchen needed are in white. I could tell that it wasn't his. Could he be, eating with Sooah just now? The fact that there were two boxes made it look obvious enough that they were eating together.

"You look good together, are you both dating?" A simple meaningless sentence that just came out from Sooah's mouth surprised me. Didn't she have a feeling on Lucas? Why would she say such thing with a smile?

"Right?" Lucas suddenly linked his arm with mine, surprisingly I didn't push him away. Perhaps my mind was still recalling the efforts I made to wake up early and prepare a lunch box for Taeyong, but now he was holding other girl's luch box in front of me. "You both look good too."

Lucas seemed right, even I think that they look good together. Like the only girl that has the right to stand next to Taeyong is Sooah. I looked at Taeyong, he was frowing as he stared back at me.

"This is now yours." I pulled my arm back from Lucas and handed him the paper bag before walk away leaving three of them at the door.

I went back to my class, taking my usual seat. The professor then entered the class. "Make sure to silent your phone before I start the presentation."

I turned on my phone to put it in silent mode but I saw a message popped up in my notification box.

'Can we meet up at auditorium after school?' - Sooah