28

With messy hair and miserable cloth, we stood straight in a line in front of Professor Im. No one dares to speak out until he finished nagging. "So you're not gonna tell me the whole story? Do you think I'll easily let you go? Fine, all six of you will be added a demerit point and stay after school for detention."

I looked at Yeojin who had a small scar on her face. I sighed, regretting over my action. I shouldn't have started the war. "Get out from my room."

We remained in a straight line in exiting the room but my foot paused as I heard Professor Im talked to a person in a phone call. "Get Lee Taeyong to my room now." How did these all related to him? Will Professor Im punish him because of us?

"Junior, look what you've done. Taeyong have to carry the punishment along because of you. Just because you're close to him, that doesn't allow you to use him. Stop dragging him down with you." Just after that unexpected words burning my ears, Yoora left with her other three friends.

I leaned my back against the wall in front of Professor Im's room but Yeojin was sitting on the waiting bench as she reflecting herself in a small mirror to check on her scar. 

Seems like Yoora was right, I've dragged Taeyong down. Just look at all mess I've created when he wasn't around. One after one trouble I've started, Taeyong will be the one to end it with different kinds of solution.

"Yeojin!" I turned to my right side, Mark and Taeyong were running towards us. As soon as they got closer to us, Mark immediately pulled Yeojin into his arm. "I- sorry, Yeojin. I'm sorry for leaving you alone and let you be this mess. I won't ever leave you again." I smiled at how Mark was fixing Yeojin's untidy hair. I've never thought that it would be so easy for them to make up for each other. 

I was happy for them, but something kept bothering my mind. I turned to Taeyong who was awkwardly approached me. He said nothing and right away pushing the door next to me.

"What you promised me and the college when you take the responsibility to be a part of SRC club members? And as much as I trust your words and ability, I thought that you would never disappoint me. How can things turn out this way, Taeyong? Pulling hairs in cafe? Is this a premier school?" 

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'll fix this prob-"

"I don't want to hear your sorry. Do you think you're really at fault that you need to say sorry? I'll let go of this matter. But just, this once. If things like this happen again, I hope you'll be prepared to handle them for school."

It was just that unfair of how the school management did nothing and putting the responsibilities on Taeyong's shoulder just because he owned the highest tittle among the students. He just need to serve a good example, not solving the problems that should be solved by ourselves and the teachers!

***

Finished cleaning the hall as detention, I packed my stuffs and waited for Taeyong in front of his club. First, I want to apologize. Second, I want to walk home with him. 

My foot was kicking the dust on the floor, patiently waiting for anyone to come out from this room. Only by that, I can ask the person to call Taeyong out for me as I didn't dare to even step in this club since I made no appointment on meeting the members.

"Hyeyoon? Why are you here?" I flipped my hair, looking at the guy who was standing in front of me. A disappointment, I was wishing for Taeyong to show up but this boyfriend of Yeojin came out instead.

"Yeojin has left." I frowned and looked away. 

"I know." The chuckle voice disappeared from his mouth as he was questioning me an odd but true question. "Are you waiting for Taeyong?" Catching me looking back to him, he assumed himself was guessing the right thing. "Today is the day of his final presentation for the project he's working on with Sooah and Taeil. He'll be late so I suggest you not to wait for him."

I nodded, even so I didn't move a little. "I mean it, Hyeyoon." He laughed after seeing me in confusion. "About what happened just now, Taeyong had let it past. He's not a person who will take things to heart so don't worry about him."

"Really?" But what if I couldn't forgive myself? 

Enough of arguing with Mark about Taeyong's matter, I finally turned down my ego and stop waiting for Taeyong. I took a bus on my way home and tidy up the house as soon as I arrived. Not that long after I went home, I heard a sound of knocking on the main door.

"Taeyong? Aren't you supposed to-"

"I forgot my pendrive." He rushed in and entered his room. It must be an important presentation that he couldn't miss anything out from his original plan. 

What took him so long to even find a pendrive in his room? I walked back and forth, counting down each second he took to finally get out from his room. My hand formed a fist, I was about to knock on his door to call him out but the door opened wide. I hid my fist behind as I looked up to him.

His face expression changed, he seemed uneasy as if something was bothering him. The eyes that were looking into mine looked very sad that I feel like they need a comfort.

Avoiding me who was blocking his way, he left the house. But he was no longer rushing like how he did before. He acted weird that I felt guilty for not asking about his condition. Or maybe it was just me and my overthink thoughts.

I grabbed out some snacks from the kitchen and played a drama on the television after taking a short shower. It was kinda cold at night so I don't dare to be in toilet for a longer period.

Since I was alone, I raised the volume of television. "Oh, I've eaten all of them." My hand was searching for a snack in my bowl but it was empty so I stood up to the kitchen to fetch some more.

Just after I took out a cup of chocolate milk from the fridge, my phone rang. It was an unknown number so I slide it to decline. But not so long after that, the person called me again.

Wiping my finger clean, I swiped the answer button. "Who are you?"

"Hyeyoon, it's me Kim Sooah. Is Taeyong home now?" Unbelievablely she asked me a question with an obvious answer. Of course he wasn't home as he was out for the presentation with her and Senior Taeil. So what? Trying to show off?

"No, he's not." I simply answered out of annoyance.

"Neither here."