07

I didn't know the fact of Lucas was transferring into my school is a good thing or not. He was being just naughty and loves to play around a lot, immatured. But maybe, I wouldn't need to worry about making new friends as I have him here.

While everyone else were eating during break time, I didn't mind myself to have some food. Instead, I walked around this huge college.

I stopped at the auditorium, in front of an extra-large banner of Taeyong hang on the wall.

"A model student." He's amazing, being the smartest in school, a model student, a president of SRC club and having the highest tittle of students in this school. Every way has his picture hang up or pasted on wall, I see why students adore him much.

"Did he impress you too?" A sound of footstep getting closer popped every bubble thoughts of mine.

"Senior Mark." I bowed a little to him as a respect.

"Taeyong likes a student from our class, Kim Sooah." He said it, bluntly without hesitation. 

"You know that too?"

"Who didn't? Almost everyone in this school knows, except for Sooah herself." I nodded, telling him that I understood what he was trying to tell me. He must be thinking that I have a feeling on Taeyong, so he told me that so I won't get my hopes up.

How could I possibly like a guy like him?

"Mark!" I turned to the guy, he was bringing someone along. But that person covered his eyes with a cap so I barely can see his face. "He just transferred here, get him a student card form."

I felt so curious of the person who hid behind this cap, his half face was really familiar to me. Like someone I've always known, but who? Noticing me staring at him, he took off his cap and looked into my eyes.

Kim Jungwoo.

"Long time no see." His sentence simply shaken me. I was freeze, surely I was aware of how weird Taeyong and Mark's gazes on me but I just had no idea of what to do at this point.

Jungwoo, he was someone I once share part of my life with. Whom I have never forgotten all these years. Suddenly, he came back. After 4 years disappeared, why is he in front of me now? The incident of 4 years ago kept playing on my mind.

We dated for 3 years, and I think that was enough for us to truly know each other. I often came over his place, cooked for him and did everything that a girlfriend should've done. I attended all of his basketball matches and he was someone who always eat with me. We did almost everything together, too close that my parents and his became friends because of our relationship.

Until that day, when I found a girl I've never seen in his house. It's hard for me, because he didn't deny that he was cheating on me. I was waiting for him to come and apologize, so I could give him a second chance. But, he moved out from his place. I lost him.

If only he came to me, we might've been dating for 7 years.

Mark cleared his throat, waking me up from this deep thought. Tears blurry out my vision but I held it up so I won't be able to shed this hurtful tears. How can I turned blank at this point? 

What should I do? My trembling eyes met Taeyong's calm gaze.

You know I was seeking for your help, why are you standing still? Speak something for me, Taeyong.

Heat started blowing on my hand as my eyes slowly closed and a sigh was letting out lightly. Before I was about to reply to Jungwoo, I felt a hand pulling me in his arm. Another hand softly rubbing the back of my head.

"Who are you? You scare my girlfriend." Just by this sentence, I knew clearly that I was in Lucas's warm hug. Surprisingly I didn't object his words or even his silly action. I just wanted to cry in his arm, as much as I could and as louder as I can be.

"Let's go, cutie." His arm rested around my neck as he took me away with him.

"Hyeyoon, I owe you an explanation!" 

Not minding Jungwoo's words, Lucas pulled me far away from that place. And he finally letting me go once we reached the rooftop of this building. "Cry, I won't look."

I've been very weak since the day Jungwoo left me. I couldn't live my life properly. But when things slowly changed, he return to my side. The most hurtful feeling I decided to throw came back all of a sudden.

"Thank you." Instead of crying, I thanked Lucas and walked closer to him to get him back to where we left.

Things felt so wrong today, everything I did wasn't right. I returned home with a heavy sigh carried along. Taeyong got home earlier than me, he was resting in his room.

I checked on the calendar of mine. I've lived here for 6 days, that means, I still have about 2 months and 3 weeks. Should I just transfer into school's dormitory? That would be nicer and more safe then finding a new apartment, I guess.

After cleaning myself up, I cooked a ramen and turned on the television to watch my drama. Taeyong hasn't went out from his room since just now, I didn't plan to disturb him. Maybe he had a tiring day because he helped the freshman year on our first day.

"Hyeyoon, I owe you an explanation!"

Jungwoo's statement suddenly appeared from nowhere, giving me a hard time figuring out his meaning.

I, don't want to listen to his explanation. Maybe because..I'm afraid that if I did, I'll want to reconcile with him. I don't want to recall the past anymore, having him as a friend has been enough for me.

His sudden appearance really messed up my mind. These thoughts were finally interpreted into tears. The chopstick I was holding landed on the table as I loosen up my grip.

I feel messed up, really.

"They're happy after getting married, why are you crying over that?" Taeyong's question lower down my voice. Maybe my crying voice was deafening and has actually disturbed him.

I wiped the tears off by using my arm and I sat straight, observing clearly of every steps that he took. He had a file in his hand, which I found it a bit interesting to look at but I had no idea about the content.

"If you have nothing to say, stop staring already." A big and heavy rock fell on top of my head.

"If I say it, am I breaking the rule of talking nonsense?" I bit my bottom lip as my mind racing a mile a minute, worrying over what he will reply me.

"If you think your problem is nonsense, then don't say it." After fetching a bottle of fresh milk in his left hand, he headed back into his room. But before he get to disappear from my view, I stopped him.

"Jungwoo, he's my-"

The door bell rang twice. Taeyong and I eyed each other, wondering who would come at this hour. It won't be that Lucas again, right?

Since I was eating my ramen, Taeyong determined to open the door. He put his things aside as he walked closer to the door, twisting the doorknob.

Soon as he opened the door, a girl ran to hug him. "Taeyong ah." She was crying, too. I was more surprised to see Taeyong didn't push her away. Instead, he pulled her deeply into his hug.

She lifted up her head from Taeyong's chest. Kim Sooah.

I just realized that they looked really good together, somewhere I don't belong to be and won't ever fit in. She took a glimpsed at me before looking back at Taeyong.

"Why is Lucas's girlfriend living with you?"