10. Back Home

Chapter 10: Back Home

I got at the airport around ten o'clock am with a sign in me hand that said, 'Welcome Home Coen!'in bold. In a matter of seconds Coen came rushing towards me with a suitcase dragging along behind him and a backpack that was moving crazily across his back.

His force was so strong I almost fell over when his arms wrapped around me. "I've missed you so much." I whispered into his ear as we stayed in each others arms.

"I've missed you too." He muttered into my hair. We let go of each other and planted a kiss on each others lips. "Mmm." He smiled. "I've missed your kisses so much."

"You're too cute." I giggled as I helped him carry his backpack.

"I like your sign." He said as he looked at it.

"Thanks." I grinned. "I made it this morning."

"Wow, I'm feeling the love."

"I mean I spent the whole night making it."

"Aww.. Thanks." He laughed.

"Come on let's go." I lead the way towards the taxi line and we got into a taxi. Told them our address and then we were on our way back to our house. "I'm so glad you're back." I couldn't stop a smile from creeping onto my face. "And for a long time this time."

"Me too." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and I returned it by giving him one on his cheek.

It took about forty minutes to get back home because of traffic but once we were back I handed the taxi driver money and thanked her. Then I helped Coen carry his things back to the apartment.

We got inside and he ran straight towards Taz and picked him up. Taz meowed at him and begged to be put down. Coen realized that and followed his orders before he got bit. I placed Coens things in our room and then Jo came out of her room.

"Hey!" She cheered as she saw Coen.

"Hey Jo!" He went over to her and gave her a hug.

"How have you been?"

"Good, good." He responded. "You?"

"Good." She smiled as she replied.

"So are you guys up for some quality cooked lunch?" Coen asked us as he cocked his eyebrow.

"Yes!" Jo and I yelled in relief.

"You guys have been eating Fay's burnt food haven't you?" He laughed as he made his way to the kitchen.

"No." I scoffed as I lied.

"You're beautiful but a terrible liar." Coen told me.

"It was meant to be sarcastic."

"Uh huh and I'm not lying when I say that eyelashes are made out of metal." He said.

"What?!" I began to laugh along with Jo and Coen.

"You get what I'm trying to say!" He waved me off. He began cooking and as he did the smell of vegetable soup wafted throughout the house.

"It smells so good..." I moaned as I inhaled the sweet smell of well cooked food.

"It's almost done." Coen reassured me. "Give it ten minute." He said.

After the ten minutes was up he poured the soup into three separate bowls and stuck a spoon into each bowl. Then we went and grabbed a bowl and brought it to the dining table to eat.

I blew at my hot soup to cool it down. After it was cool I ate it and it was so good to say the least.

Jo and I kept on telling that Coen that his cooking skills were amazing during the duration of our lunch. After we finished eating we all sat together on the couch and Jo read us excerpts from her new story. But my favorite excerpt that she read to us was, "If everyday was always perfect, life wouldn't be as exciting."

That was very much true.

<3

I had my legs crossed and lying over Coens twisted legs. Jo was in her room typing away. Coen and I decided that we should eat the cake that we baked when Coen was last here. We still had a lot of the stuff we baked left and we were planning on eating it in the next few days.

"Can you pass me a cookie please?" I asked Coen as I sipped my coffee. He handed me one and I smiled and said, "Thank ya."

"Your welcome, ma majesty." He smiled.

"You're so cute." I giggled as I pinched Coens cheek.

"So are you." He replied in the same tone, poking my nose after he finished.

"Aren't you guys so lovely." Jo smiled as she walked out of her room.

"We are pretty lovely aren't we my prince?" I asked Coen, jokingly.

"Oh, we are." He laughed as he took a bite out of his oatmeal raisin cookie.

"Relationship goals." Jo laughed.

"There's still Zach." I snag as I threw my head back and looked at Jo upside down.

"No thanks." She replied. "Zach and I are not getting together anytime soon." Jo sighed.

"Maybe in the far future." I smiled, hopefully.

"Sure." Jo said in a blank tone.

"Want a cookie?" Coen asked her as he handed her one.

"Thanks." She replied. After she got her cookie she went back into her room to write some more.

"You know what we should do?" I asked Coen as I popped up.

"What do you have in mind?" He asked as he took a big bite out of his cookie.

"Time Square?" I asked.

"And do what?"

"We could pretend to be tourist?"

"Let's do it!" Coen and I jumped off the couch, grabbed our jackets and headed out to time square. Lucky for us it was within reasonable walking distance, especially since it was really cold today.

When we got down to time square we went into gift shops and tried on hats that said, 'I love NY' on it. We acted amazed by everything and got food from the little stands at the corner. We walked around and then decided to go to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum since we haven't been.

After a tiring day of being tourist we went back home with churros in our hands and a pink 'I Love NY' baseball cap. I placed the cap down in our room and then walked out to the living room, getting on the couch with Taz and cuddling with him.

All of a sudden Coens phone rang, he picked it up and went into our room to talk, must have been business call or something.

After his call was done he walked out the door and had a worried look on his face. "What was that about?" I asked Coen as I stopped cuddling with Taz.

"Turns out, I do have to go back." His face looked sad and disappointed. "I'm suppose to leave tomorrow."

<3

A/N: Thank you guys for reading! I have so many new story ideas coming up that I'm super excited about! You can also go follow me on Instagram and Twitter for sneak peeks ;)

Also check out my friends who have amazing stories and poetry! @Winters_ @mangomoosies @gwritespoetry They are seriously awesome writers and deserve way more reads than they already have!

Me and @Winters_ have a joint account where we post stories that we write together. We only have about half of one story up right now, we update every Friday. And have so many story ideas coming soon!

This is a long Authors Note but I haven't updated you guys in a while so I guess it's acceptable.

Love,

Scarlett x