6. Of Baking Varieties

Chapter 6: Of Baking Varieties

I woke up to find that mine and Coens legs were intertwined and our bodies were facing one anothers. A few minutes after I opened my eyes his opened and our eyes locked. He gave me a good morning kiss before hopping out of bed and putting on his robe to keep himself warm.

We walked out to the kitchen together, his arm around my shoulder and my arm around his waist. "Coffee?" Coen asked me.

"Yup!" I responded popping the 'p'. "You've got the coffee. I'll get the oatmeal." I told him as we released each other from our grip.

Once we were done making breakfast we walked over to the couch to sit down. I put my legs onto Coens legs and leaned against the couch arm rest while I sipped coffee out of my mug.

After a few minutes of just silence Jo walked out of her room and cooed,, tiredly, "Morning lovebirds."

"Morning." We sang back to her. She hobbled over to the kitchen and poured her a cup of coffee before she came and joined us on the couch.

"So what did you and Zach talk about yesterday?" I asked her.

"Nothing really." She responded.

I gave her a look before saying, "I don't believe you."

"He just apologized a lot." She said as she took a sip of her coffee. "I mean he seemed sincere and I kinda remembered the guy I fell in love with." She whispered. "I don't know anymore. Everythings just so confusing."

Taz slowly walked over to Coen and nuzzled his knee, telling him that he wanted to play. Coen grabbed Taz's favorite stuffed animal toy and started playing with him and petting him.

"Do you still like him?" I asked her.

She was quiet for a while before responding with, "I think I do." She began to sip more of her coffee before adding, "Half of the time I think I made a mistake but the other half I think it was a good decision." She took another sip of her coffee and then said, "I mean, sometimes he just drives me crazy!"

"Sometimes the people that drive us crazy the most are the ones that we love the most." I responded. And that was the end of our conversation.

<3

"What do you want to do today?" Coen asked me as we both snuggled Taz.

"I just want to have a relaxed day, nothing extravagant. Just sit in our PJ's, talk, maybe watch a movie or two. Just what we would normally do." I replied.

"That I can do." He grinned as he turned on the t.v. and put an arm around me.

"I love you." I whispered as I pecked his cheek.

"Love you more." He smiled back before giving me a peck on my lips.

"I actually change what I said before." I said. I grabbed Taz and put him on my lap before saying, "I love Taz the most!" I gave Taz a kiss on his fluffy fur before putting him on the ground.

"Sure..." Coen scoffed in a sarcastic way.

"Just kidding! I'd pick you first any day!" I smiled as I gave him quick kiss on his cheek.

"That's more like it." He laughed. He began to tickle me and I began to laugh so hard it was hard to breath.

In the middle of it Jo came out. "Sorry.." She whispered.

Coen stopped tickling me so I could talk, "Don't worry, you weren't interrupting." I said, following with the question, "Where are you going?"

"What do you mean?" She asked slyly.