14. Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Chapter 14: Goodbyes and New Beginnings

I stood there in front of my best friend, trying to hold back the tears because I didn't want anyone at the airport to judge me. "Bye." Jo's voice cracked up.

"Bye." I tried to smile to change the mood but I couldn't

"I'll see you soon." She said, her cheeks moist from tears. "Call me, kay?"

"Won't forget." I could feel the tears build up and my throat tighten.

She opened up her arms and I fell into them. Just them the tears started to roll out of my eyes. Screw it, so what if someone saw me cry. I could feel Jo's tears soak into my shirt. We parted and I wiped my tears away.

"I shouldn't have worn mascara." I laughed as I looked at my black fingers.

"Same." She laughed along as she showed me her fingers.

"You and Zach take care of yourselves." I said, dryign up the tears. "And if he hurts you, just call me. I'll take care of it." I smiled as I pretended to crack my fingers.

"Thanks for letting me crash at your house for the past few months."

"Anytime." I told her as we had one last hug.

"Well we better get going." She pointed behind her, towards Zach.

"Kay." I whispered. I walked with her towards Zach and Coen who were talking.

"Ready to go?" Zach asked Jo. She nodded in response. "Bye." He said to Coen as they hugged the way that guys hug each other, the weird pat on the back hand shake hold thing. "See you later Fay." He said to me as he pulled me into a hug.

"You better take care of her." I whispered to him in his ear.

"Don't worry I will." He replied as we pulled out of the hug.

They got their suitcases and started rolling them until they were out of our sight. Turning around once to say their final goodbye.

<3

I was lying on the couch with my phone laying on my stomach when i got a text. I looked at my screen seeing it was from Lola.

Are you and Coen still up for hanging out today?

Yeah.

K. See you in a few.

I turned off my phone and placed it back onto my stomach and just as my eyes were closing Coen came out and plopped himself down on the couch.

"Hey there." I said.

"Oh, sorry." He whispered.

"It's fine. It's actually a good thing that you came by or else I would have fell asleep."

"You're welcome then." He smiled as he got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Don't forget that we're hanging out with Lola, Jonas and Ansleigh soon." I reminded Coen.

"Oh yeah, that's today." He said as he looked at his watch which showed the date.

"Lola said that she has a surprise." I said as I looked back at Coen.

"Oh yeah?" He asked me as he cocked his eyebrow and brought his tea over to the couch.

"I wonder what it is." I said as I got up so that he would have a place to sit.

"Maybe they're getting a cat and they want to make sure it's perfect so they're getting our opinion because after all we are the cat experts." Coen joked as he gestured towards Taz who was lying underneath the coffee table. "Isn't that right Taz?" Taz purred to Coens question. "I'll take that as a yes!"