9. Carried Away

Chapter 9: Carried Away

I logged onto my computer and went straight onto 'Skype.' I saw that Coen was on and I clicked on him and typed

Hey. Do you want to call?

He responded in a few quick seconds

Of course. I'll call you.

Kay :)

I replied and then waited for Coens call.

Soon enough I heard his call and clicked on the answer button. His face popped onto the screen and we began to talk. "Hi!" I smiled at him.

"Hey!" He said as he waved to me through the screen.

"What are you doing?" I asked, cheerfully.

"Nothing. Talking to you." He smiled. "What about you?"

"Well I just got up." I said. "How's soccer going?"

"It's tiring but fun, none the less." He replied. "Guess what?" He asked with a sneaky smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked, scared and curious about what he had to say.

"I get to come back home tomorrow!" He announced.

"That's awesome!" I cheered. "For how long?"

"Maybe five, six months." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I can't wait to have you back." I sighed. "It's been pretty lonely around here."

"And I can't wait to have you back in my arms again!" He grinned. "Coach says that we won't start practice again until around summer time." He told me.

"This is such great news!" I could stop smiling and soon my face became sore.

Coen and I chatted for a really long time I didn't even keep track of what time it was. I checked my clock to find that it was twelve and then jumped out of bed, carrying my laptop with me.

"What's wrong?" Coen asked me as I had a frightened look on my face.

"It's twelve o'clock." I said. "I'm suppose to be at work in thirty minutes!"

"Ooo.." He dragged on.
"I have to go but I'll call you back." I told him in a hurry as I threw and outfit onto my bed.

"Good luck getting to work! Bye!" He shouted.

"Bye!" I responded as we hung up on each other. "Shoot." I muttered underneath my breath. "I'm going to be so late."

I threw on my outfit, put my hair up into a ponytail and then dashed out of my bedroom. I ran through the kitchen where Jo was making lunch and grabbed a granola bar from the pantry. "Bye!" I yelled as I passed her on the way to the door.

"Bye" She waved.

I slipped my shoes onto my feet, grabbed my purse and then fast walked out of the door. Once I made it onto the street I jogged to the subway station, hopped down the stairs and got there just when the train came. I walked onto the train, unwrapped my bar and started to eat it. A few minutes after I finished my bar the train came to my stop and I got out. And once I was out I made a run for the office.
I ran through the streets, waiting for the pedestrian signs, of course. By the time I got to the office I was panting like a dog that just went for a three mile run. I opened up the door, fast walked to the elevator and then clicked the fourth floor button. It brought me up and I got out just as the clock hit twelve thirty. I sighed in relief as I walked into my office and continued on my review. But as my fingers touched the keys, ready to write, all the energy that I had was gone. I really needed to work out more.