5. A Christmas Miracle

Chapter 5: A Christmas Miracle

"Merry Christmas!" Is the first thing I heard when I woke up in the morning. Jo came bursting into my room at around eight o'clock and as I opened my eyes the sun beamed through them so I had to close them again.

"Merry Christmas." I said, half asleep.

"It's Christmas!" Jo cheered, giddily as she tried to drag me out of my bed. "Come on! I made you a special breakfast." She tried to bribe me.

"Fine I'm coming." I dragged my body out of my bed with Jo's hand tightly around my wrist and she was continuing to pull me. When we got out to the living room two plates of red and green dyed chocolate pancakes were sitting on the table with a steaming mug of coffee in a cute Christmas mug. The t.v. was also playing the grinch who stole Christmas, one of my favorite movies. I let out a grin before saying, "You know me too well."

"I'm the bestest friend ever, I know." She smiled back as she skipped to the couch and sat In front of her plate and mug before patting the spot next to her and telling me, "Come on. What are you waiting for?!"

I walked over to the food, which smelled really good and sat down right in front of it. "Syrup?" Jo asked me as she finished up putting some on hers.

"Yes please."

"Whip cream?" She asked right after she squirted some in her mouth.

"Of course!" I responded. After we got situated we began to eat and watch the movie.

<3

"People should be here any minute. Could you bring some of the snack s out to the coffee table please?" I asked Jo as I carried some as well.

"Sure."

There was an assortment of cookies and fruits along with crackers and some candy. We also got drinks, soda, juice, hot chocolate and coffee. After everything was set on the table Jo and I went to our rooms to get changed into our Christmas pajamas. I put on my Christmas onesie that had reindeer and snowflakes on it. And Jo wore her fuzzy slippers along with her snowmen pajama set. Not long after we got changed the first person rang the doorbell. I quickly ran to the door shouting, "Coming!"

I opened the door to see Lena standing at the door. "Merry Christmas!" She giggled as she handed me a bag full of gifts. She walked in and I closed the door behind her.

"Jo this is Lena. Lena, Jo." I introduced them as Lena came into the living room and sat down on the couch.

She was the first and only friend I've made here since being in New York. She also works at the same place that I do, we first met when I was interning and she was helping me get used to writing reviews and how things worked in the office.

"Help yourself to the food and drinks." I told Lena before I had to go open the door again. This time Lola's family stood in front of me.

"Mury Critmas Aunt Fay!" Ansleigh cheered as she wrapped her arms around my leg.

"Merry Christmas to you too!" I squealed as I picked her up and gave her a tight squeeze before putting her back down.

"Merry Christmas." Lola and Jonas greeted me.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled as I gave both of them hug and then lead them to the living room where Ansleigh was already munching on cookies and chatting away. "We have everyone here so we minus well get started on opening up the presents.

"Presents?!" Ansleigh said giddily, full of sugar.

"Yeah, Do you want to open your presents?" I asked her as I whipped a crumb off her cheek. She nodded me a small but cute nod. "Okay, come on." I said as I lead her to the tree where her gifts were stashed under. I handed her her first gift which was from me. "Here you go." I said as everyone began to gather around and Ansleigh bean to rip the wrapping paper off in tiny small pieces. Once she got all the paper off with the help from Lola and Jonas she opened the box and inside she saw the clothes that I bought her.