Chapter 7: On Our Own

(Los Angeles, Country Roads, 12: 00 PM)

COUNTRY ROADS - MID-DAY

We were still on the road, but I think we we're getting low on gas. Robbie was driving and I was trying to sleep in the passengers seat, Anya and Kaitlyn were looking at a map. And Assya fell asleep, and Brooke was looking at her phone. Going through her contacts.

ROBBIE

There's a rest stop up ahead, if you guys need to go to the bathroom.

It was silent, we all have been through alot. Eventually the truck slowly stops at an old building called the "Pump and Dump", that's an interesting name.

 Eventually the truck slowly stops at an old building called the "Pump and Dump", that's an interesting name

ROBBIE

Alright, everyone do what you need to do.

Almost everyone except Assya, got out. I slowly unlock my door, but I feel a grasp on my chest. I looked over and it's Robbie, what does he want now?

ROBBIE

Hey, wait a second.

KEGAN

Robbie, I really need to-

He grasps my chest tighter and pulled me back into my seat, after I tried to get out.

ROBBIE

KEGAN, LISTEN I-

I bite his hand, and I try to force myself out. He makes a grunting noise, and he slowly reaches for me.

ROBBIE

I've been through worst pain than that.

He grabs my right hand and then my left, he shoots my arms into the seat.

KEGAN

WHAT DO YOU WANT!?

ROBBIE

Listen, you can't go running into danger like you did in the station, do you know how important your life is!?

I stare at him, slightly coughing on his blood.

ROBBIE

That thing, is a machine that won't stop until you are dead. Understand!?

I stare at him silently, and look at his bloody palm. He then slowly let's go and gets out, I get out as well. I slowly walk past Brooke and Kaitlyn and into the gas station, I didn't see anyone but I found a payphone.

KEGAN

OK, I need- UGH two quarters, geuss I'll ask the girls.

I walk out and turn to see Brooke trying to get a hold of someone, and Kaitlyn is sitting on a rock, and Anya was checking on Assya. And Robbie was working on the truck, I geuss something was wrong with it.