5

Sophie kept her eyes on the ground during orientation on Monday. She hadn't been able to find any of her friends yet and she hoped they wouldn't come looking for her, but Sandor might be a big if an inconvenience in that department. On Sunday she had spent the whole day in her room and once again gone to meet Alvar at sunset. They had finally figured out what they were going to do. Alvar had said he wanted to be their inside source to the Neverseen to help take them down, Sophie was reluctant but she agreed. And as for them? He had asked her to be his girlfriend, she said yes. She felt giddy with joy on the inside, she had someone who truly loved her. It had to have come from the most unexpected place but it was true. Before she left last night he had kissed her again, and she knew it was right.

"Yo Foster!" A loud voice said from behind her.

She cringed as heads turned to look at her as Keefe came to stand beside her.

"That's the girl Fitz cheated on."

"I feel so bad for her."

"Maybe he was right to do it, she's a freak."

"Plus that Song girl is much prettier."

"But Sophie sure would be a good hit."

Sandor moved his hand to his sword and the whispers halted instantly.

"Hey, I saw what happened on Friday. Listen I've stoped talking to Fitz, what he did was not okay. Just know I'm always here for you" Keefe said and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks." She whispered.

"We're on your side too." Said another voice and she turned to see Biana, Dex and Tam standing behind her.

"What my sister did was fucked up, and I really don't like Fitz, so what better way to piss them off than side with you?" Tam said with a smirk.

"Thank you guys. But you all should know something. I left The Black Swan." She said.

There was a shout of "WHAT?!" that turned a lot of heads.

"Why would you do that? Did they ask you to kill someone or something?" Biana scoffed.

Sophie looked at Biana with a look of shock.

"Oh my god they did." Biana muttered.

"Why would they do that?" Dex asked.

Sophie rubbed the back of her neck.

"I'd rather not say, but I've got other good news. I have an inside source in the Neverseen." Sophie said and her mind flashed back to Alvar.

"How-" Keefe began.

"I can't tell you much more than that, it could put them in danger." She said quietly and looked around cautiously to see who might be listening.

"But you are still working against the Neverseen?" Dex asked.

Sophie nodded.

"I may not be a part of the Black Swan anymore, but I will still fight for what I believe in." She said and held her head high.

"And we're with you." Tam said, a confident smirk playing on his face.

"We all are." Keefe added and they all nodded in agreement.

Sophie smirked.

"Then let's take those cloaked bastards down."
***

Hope y'all enjoyed!

*Leaves for an unforeseen amount of time until writers block is over*