40

Everyone was very agitated in the morning; it was the second of May, and news of Potter's escape from Gringotts had reached and filled every corner of the room.
The younger kids joined in the excitement but without really being sure of what was happening; us older students were pretty much divided in two moods: overly optimistic and cautiously hopeful.
Neville definitely fit in the first category, ever since we heard the news he couldn't keep the smile off of his face and was constantly telling to whomever could hear that his friends were coming back.
It was nice to see him so happy but I, on the other hand, belonged to the second category: I was happy that whatever had happened at Gringotts Harry Ron and Hermione got out unharmed (and in such a cool way), but I was absolutely certain it didn't mean significant changes for us in the immediate future. I was well aware, because of all the time spent talking about it with Ginny, that the trio was on a mission that would ultimately defeat Voldemort, if successful, but they were still three kids! They couldn't just couldn't go help around and defeat Death Eaters as if in some super hero story, they had a job to get done. And it was important they didn't get distracted, not even to come help us at Hogwarts.

Neville started sending messages out to the old members of the D.A. in the morning and continued all throughout the day.
All chores and classes were suspended because no one could be bothered, so I had the rare pleasure to have lunch with all my friends together.
We were all sitting in a circle and Neville, his plate forgotten on the ground in front of his crossed legs, was still enchanting the galleon.
"Why do you keep sending messages?"
Asked Ben with his mouth full

"I'm telling you, they're coming back"

"How can you be so sure?" I asked

"I just am"
Seamus and Luna nodded enthusiastically at the statement, but Ben, Jude and I exchanged an uneasy look.
"It doesn't make any logical sense for them to come here"

"Thank you Ben" I nodded, he had voiced exactly what was in my mind

"Yeah, thanks Ben" Neville made him a face as he put away the coin and finally started eating.
The conversation continued on the same topic, but I let my mind swim in the warm waters of happiness.
Ben and Neville were finally getting along.
Mainly, I thought, the reason was that Neville was no longer jealous, because if I was sincere I couldn't detect any change in Ben's behavior. But it also must have been hard for him to not change towards Neville now that he was my boyfriend.
I was very proud of both of them
They joked with each other!
No matter what Potter was doing, I was having the best week.

That night I was sitting on the couch looking at the flames, while Neville knelt in front of the table enchanting again the coin.
"Are you still sending messages?" I yawned.
He didn't look at me but chuckled a bit "I just want to make sure everybody gets it; if they weren't checking their coins this afternoon they might get this one"

"And are they all coming... When?"

"I'm just telling everyone to be ready, as soon as we know we'll send out the call and they'll be here in a half hour"
He pocketed the coin and turned to look at me.

"Done?"

"Done" he smiled

"Come on then" I grabbed his arms and pulled him; he got up and sat on the couch next to me and I proceeded to wrap myself around him.

"Were you rushing me so you could use me as a pillow?" he laughed hugging me tight

"Precisely" I sighed happily abandoning my face on his chest. We stayed in a comfortable silence for some minutes, his hand caressing my back.
"You're sure they'll be coming here?"