Ice Skating

It was a snowy, cold winter day, typical weather for this time of year in London. I was just surprised it wasn't raining cold slush. 

I was sat at home, cozy in some soft camo joggers and one of Brad's oversized hoodies on the couch. I heard Brad coming down the stairs and plopped himself in my lap without a second thought. 

I began to play with his hair until he turned around to look at me. "Y/N, baby we should do something today, it's perfect winter weather." "But I'm cozy here." I counter. 

He continues to pout and give me his famous puppy dog eyes until I finally gave in. "What shall we do?" He thought about it for a second, then his eyes lit up. "How about Ice skating?"

I haven't gone since I was like 10 years old, but if it made Brad happy, I would do it. We got ready and made our way to the Tower of London Ice Rink. (Pretend COVID never happened) 

We got our skates on and went to the rink, I eyed the ice suspiciously, questioning if I made the right decision saying yes. 

Brad, on the other hand, didn't hesitate. He was on the ice in seconds. He looked back at me, still on the outside. "What's wrong, Y/N? The ice too much for you?" He teased.

Brad and I were very competitive. And no way in hell was I about to let him win. I carefully made my way to the ice. Gripping onto the railing for dear life. "Nope, see?" I said back to him in an attempt to wipe the smirk off his face. 

We started to skate, slowly at first, getting the hang of it. Brad was skating gracefully, while I, on the other hand, would occasionally almost stumble or wave my arms trying to regain balance. 

"Don't worry about it Y/N, no shame in not being able to skate." He said in a cocky voice. "Oh please," I scoffed "I can skate around this whole rink faster than you." 

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that." "Is that a challenge, Simpson?" I press. "If you're up for it". We started by the entry gate, we both counted down from 3, 2,1. We both took off, frantically pushing ourselves on the ice. 

He started to get ahead of me, I tried my best to keep up but I pushed my skate too far in front of me and I fell flat on my ass. 

Brad forgot all about the competition and skated over to me. "Y/N, love, are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked worriedly. "No no, Brad. I'm fine." I say as he helps me up. 

"How about we take it slowly from now on?" He chuckles. I nod. 

For the next 15 minutes, we continued to skate peacefully around the rink, holding hands or him behind me with his arms around my waist. 

We soon got off the ice and went to get some hot cocoa to end a perfect day.