A Different Perspective

Day 1 Prompt: Mind Control

We know what this one's gonna be about... (although there were many choices I could choose from...but nah :))

"Execute Order 66."

Rex's mind went blank. His actual identity, the one that's being trapped inside his own body, reared up, trying to find out what the fuck was happening. He fought against the unseen force, fighting against the vile thing that was saying good soldiers follow orders. His body moved of its own accord, the controlled part of him following the orders he was just given. There was a force-wielder on this ship, and she was specified to be killed in the instruction. As Rex struggled to fight off CT-7567, he could see that the others in their peripheral stood taller, their chips activating from Sidious' voice. They didn't even put up a fight, but he couldn't blame them. Only he knew that there was something about mind chips, and he didn't do anything to stop it, only giving a report. But this report might be able to save her.

"Rex. It's Anakin. I feel like something terrible has happened... Rex?"

Her. His commander, his sister, his vod'ika. The others around her didn't give a single thought as they slowly turned around to aim their blasters at their sibling in all but blood. They shouldn't be doing this, the war was won, the victory just reaching their fingertips. Inside, he fought with all his might, tooth and nail. He, like the others, thought that clones like him would actually be able to live life as a normal civilian after the battles. The sacrifices, the bloodshed, the deaths; they were made for nothing. And he didn't want someone like Ahsoka to die from betrayal; she had enough of that to last a lifetime. One person on this ship needed to stay alive, to show that this wasn't all for nothing, to prove to the emperor that they're not as weak as he thought.

"No! I'll do it."

It was getting harder to fight against the chip, the whispers getting louder and louder.

"Rex, what's happening?"

"Stay back!"

His blasters shook in his hands, as CT-7567 took over him. Tears streamed down his face, but it was for so many reasons.

"Find him...Find him...Fives...Find him! Fives!"

Blasters bolts were fired and Captain Rex, a brother, a captain, a friend, knew no more.