Mercy Kill

Day 12 alternative prompt: truth serum + gunpoint

Warnings: character death, execution, blood mention, injury
Time to kill another OC :D (I'm getting kinda attached to some of them but oh well-)

Snap was proudly known for his photographic memory. He was one out of millions that seemed to have this ability, and he used it the best he could. So when he went into the two-hundred-twelfth, he learned about their partner legion, Skywalker, Tano, and their loyal men.

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Cody were definitely capable leaders, although, at some times, they seemed very...creative with their plans. That wasn't until he actually met Ahsoka, Anakin, and the five-oh-first. Commander Cody might've kicked or jumped a droid but the troopers of the five-oh-first would probably be the ones to insult the droid until it died from embarrassment and horror. They would jump off cliffs, not worrying about the danger, usually whooping in joy instead of fright (as he would but this wasn't about him). They seemed to like explosions and fire.

A lot of fire.

So when he was asked to be in a retrieval group with Commander Tano to get data from an abandoned base of some kind, he gladly accepted. He was somewhat used to the nice padawan and how she fought, making them a pretty okay team, and along with the other soldiers, it was going to be fine. They had chosen him because his unique ability would help, and he was happy to use it, but now? Now, when the memories of dead brothers, blasted limbs, and sliced skin framed itself into his mind, he wished he was normal. He wished he didn't have to remember the blame that seemed to surround his brothers as their dead eyes stared into his, the blankness staring into his soul. He and the commander were the only survivors, and the data stick didn't survive. But he was there, and he had read all the information, and now, it was imprinted in his mind. Only he knew what the information was about, his eyes being the only one to read the important words that could help win the war. They both had evacuated the base, finally comforting her as they found a private place to mourn for a short time. But life didn't seem to give them a break.

They needed help, now. The Separatists had caught them on their way back and they were stuck in an enclosure together, a force shield of some kind stopping Commander Tano's force abilities. They both had woken up, stripped of their weapons, but they still had enough essentials they could use to contact the others.

The commander was currently beside him, both of them trying to find a way to transmit the information back to the Republic the earliest they possibly could. They were far from camp, and reinforcements couldn't come in eight hours, the battle on the side of the planet halting their help. They could still talk to them, but that wouldn't assist in anything except curing boredom.

He was interrupted out of his musings as the togruta's high-pitched voice rang throughout the room.

"Got it!"

Ahsoka's comm sparked to life and she looked at Snap in excitement, her eyes lighting up. He floated to her side from the wall, peering over her shoulder.

"Can you type the numbers in?"

He nodded and he took the device from her hand. Obi-Wan Kenobi's contact was open as he muttered numbers under his breath, his finger rapidly clicking along. He sent it, the little received sign showing up before disappearing again. He leaned back, slowly breathing out. The mission was complete, the information was delivered, and they might just get out of this situation.

Just then, the cage burst open and he leaped from his position in front of the commander, an arm protectively shielding her from the intruder.

"You, you're coming with me."