Chapter 7

Khione started at Loki, he looked like her blue skin, red eyes all of it. "How is this possible!" She shouted, backing away ever so slightly. She couldn't understand it. Hydra caused all of her powers except Skadi who she assumed she always had. Loki's skin went back to it's pale state and his eyes went green once more. "Please Khione let me explain" Loki pleaded, trying to explain his true state and her heritage. Khione looked away from the God and saw a flash of purple light. Her eyes widen at the light. "No, Emily" Khione gasped, her eyes glowing silver Skadi knew.

Khione turned and walked towards the door, Loki watched as she passed him without a word. "Khione, where are you going?" Loki asked her. "None of you business!" She growled at him. He followed her to the lounge area where the other Avengers had retreated to. "Hey Khione you okay?" Clint asked the angry girl. "My friend is in danger" Khione said looking out the window. Tony immediately knew what she was thinking. "If you jump out that window you pay for it" He said quickly.

Khione went to say something but stopped. Her hair went silver and blue, "I know you're here Talia!" She shouted. Footsteps could be heard from behind the Avengers and Loki. A girl with short red hair, pale skin and a very noticeable metal arm. She wore a black leather jacket with leather pant and boots of the same colour. "She is fine little one" the woman said in a thick Russian accent walking around the alarmed Avengers. Khione turned around to the woman who was definitely older than her. "You can quit the accent Natalia, they don't really care" Khione said bluntly crossing her arms.

"I'm doing this to protect you and Emily. If we all hid together-" " Hydra would find us faster and probably cause half the city to be destroyed. Yeah I know" Khione interrupted Natalia who had changed to an American accent. "Khione I know you hate me for this but it's to protect us" Natalia told her. "Protect us! Here you are Natalia, bold move to be known to your parents" Khione shot at the woman. Natalia however stayed calm, "Emily said Hydra teamed up with someone off planet. I believe it's the same someone who caused you to get here" Natalia told the girl her metal arm resting on her hip. "I don't get it" Khione said her face scrunched in confusion. "Your ice powers, you had them before Hydra. Remember the mission to Germany four years ago" Khione looked away in shame as if the mission was to horrible too remember.

"What happened in Germany" Natasha asked the red haired woman. "A part of Project Elemental was the survivors, we were called the Pack. Khione being the strongest was our leader, or as Strucker called her, the Alpha" Natalia began. "She was necessarily in charge of the missions but if something went wrong she got the worst of it" Natalia's face darkened, her blue eyes looking at Khione full with pain. "We were sent to retrieve Loki's sceptre but something happened to me. Something I don't remember" Khione fidgeted with her necklace not looking at the avengers especially Loki. "When we got to the sceptre, her eyes glowed a blue-ish colour. Her skin went blue. The room was freezing, if it wasn't for our powers half our pack would have died of hyperthermia. Emily was the only one who could stop her, she used some sort of magic" Natalia finished, her hand on Khione's shoulder. "Khione who ever is funding Hydra wants you, and I need to protect you. The pack agrees, you stay with me" Natalia told Khione, acting as a big sister to the younger girl.

Loki smashed his had against the computer. He wanted to throw someone out of the tower. That's all the footage could provide. He wanted to slaughter Hydra, how dare they take his daughter away from him. He looked at a different screen of Khione's friend tending to one of the soldiers who attacked them.

" He's my brother, he protected Khione and I! You can't lock him up because he's brainwashed!"

Thor was also very enraged by the events that occurred the previous night. How could he have let this happen again. The thunder in the sky was booming louder than usual due to his foul mood.