Chapter 2

{Khione's Perspective}

As I opened my eyes, I saw a blinding light. Shutting my eyes just as fast, I slowly opened them again to adapt to the light. As my sight got clear, I noticed my surroundings.

The floor was white, very white. The walls around me were glass. I looked down, that gods I still had my own clothes. My hand reached to my chest, I still had my necklace.

I noticed I was on a bed. Black pillows and blanket. "Where am I? " I asked out loud. I stood up from the bed was started to walk around.

'Skadi? You okay?' I asked. I could remember the fight between us and the Avengers.

'Khione! I'm okay, but are you in pain' Skadi asked. I let out a sigh of relief. But I started to take notice of my surroundings properly.

I was in a big glass cage. I walked up to one of the panes of glass. "I wonder" I put my hand in the glass, I felt my powers surge through my veins. I closed my eyes concentrating on freezing the glass.

"That won't work" a voice called out. I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Black Widow standing in front of one of the glass panels. I noticed there was a small bridge connecting the cage with the floor. That must be the door.

"Where am I" I asked taking my hand off the glass. "Under Avengers Tower" she answered. I walked towards her. "Why am I in this cage" I asked her. "We didn't know if you would attack us again" She answers again, no emotion in her voice.

"Are you all okay?" I asked, that when her expression went from nothing to confusion. "No major injuries. Why did you ask?" She asked me. "I didn't want to hurt you. I do what it takes to survive, I only attack when I truly need to" I answered her now only a few inches from the glass separating us.

"Is that why you stole from Tony?" Widow asked. "You try living on the streets, like I said, I do what it takes to survive" I repeated. She looked intrigued by me but I read about her. She can act to get information, make you think she's scared or on your side then bang! She's bringing you to S.H.I.E.L.D never to see the light if day again.

"What's your name kid?"

"Khione" I stated. I knew for a fact she would find nothing on me. No matter how hard they tried.

{Natasha's Perspective}

I left Khione in the Hulk cage and went up to the others. As I entered the conference room, I saw Thor, holding Mjölnir still wondering about how Khione held it and absorbed it's lightning. Steve was also sitting down his fingers tapping against the table, Wanda and Vision were talking about Khione manipulating the mind stone's beam. Clint was holding an ice pack to his head after crashing into a fire escape, it was a mystery he even shot the girl without hurting her. Tony saw me and stopped drinking his coffee. "Well. What did she say?" He asked me, and all eyes were one me.

"She asked if you were all okay and why we contained her in the cage" I answered sitting down. "And what about stealing from me? What did she say about that?" Tony asked again. I rolled my eyes at him "She said she only did it to survive from the streets. My guess is she's an orphan" I told them. Tony starts to type Khione, and searches it through any database he can get his hands on.

"That's weird" Tony remarks. "What is?" Thor asked. "The only information I can find on a Khione, that isn't the Greek Goddess. Is a police report from ten years ago" Tony explains.

He projects the report for us all to see. I looked at the projection. "Little girl found in freezing cold Central Park. Young girl was found by officer doing rounds at the park. The little girl was unconscious in the middle of weird ground markings" Clint said out loud.