Chapter 6

{Author's Perspective}

Khione had been living in Avengers Towers for two weeks now. She was still guarded by the heroes only conversing with Loki and Thor with the occasional Sign Language talks with Clint. The others were still surprised to see the young girl and their former nemesis getting along.Khione felt safe with the Asgaurdian, she felt like they understood each other somehow with their different pasts. Hell, when she explained her other half, Skadi, he wasn’t scared like others were. He was understanding of her fear of being casted out like she was in HYDRA (which she told no one about). Khione got the vibe that Natasha was weary of her since her outburst on the quinjet, the same with Wint-Bucky he had been avoiding her like she was the plague. Khione understood him completely, he killed people and had forgotten about it all he trained her and didn’t know if it was harsh or deadly. Khione was never the same when the assassin didn't come back.

Khione walked to the kitchen, she wanted to get some coffee and food before she went to the library with Loki. She didn’t understand why he was so warm towards her unlike his relationship with the Avengers and his brother. Grabbing her sandwich and coffee mug Khione made her way to the library. The faint sound of ACDC playing throughout the halls, Tonyt was probably tinkering in the lab again. Khione smiled when she was met with the smell of old books. The girl had always been fascinated by them, she always tried to sleep in libraries when she first escaped HYDRA alone. Khione shook the thought out of her mind, HYDRA is in the past Khione reminded herself. “Khione, just in time” Loki’s voice softly called, his usual smiled spreading across his face. Khione couldn’t help but smile back. She always enjoyed her time with the god. She would pick out a book and he would read it to her. “What page did we finish on again?” Khione asked sitting across from Loki, handing him half of her sandwich. “Page 200” Loki confirmed as he opened the book. He opened his mouth but quickly shut it as if he was thinking.
“How about you read today Khione” Loki suggested, causing Khione to almost choke. “No thank you” She quickly said, not making contact with him staring into the milky brown of her drink.

Before Loki could say anything, Natasha came into view. She looked at Khione suspiciously, before averting her  gaze towards Loki. “Fury’s here, he wants you two at the conference room in ten minutes” Natasha spoke sternly. Khione perked her head up, “Who’s Fury? And why does he want me there?” Khione asked, confused about this mysterious man. “How am I supposed to know?” Natasha said as if Khione knew the guy before walking out. Khione looked to Loki who was equally as shocked as herself, mixed with underlying rage. She was trained to notice one’s emotions and process their thinking quickly, basic HYDRA training.

“Don’t worry Khione you’ll be seated next to me” Loki smiled reassuring the young teen slightly.

{Khione’s Perspective}

I sat in the conference room, Loki to my left and Thor to my right. I felt sick in this room, these people, the Avengers, they saved so many lives and me? I killed people and stole from others to survive. I felt the same emotions from Skadi, she was conflicted by the tension of Bucky and Natasha.

I’m scared. I tapped in morse code a trick from HYDRA, my nerves getting the best of me. My left hand which had been resting on my knee paled at my finger tips. I know I’m scared too. I breathed out in relief, the pale blue on my fingers staying like reassurance of Skadi’s presence. I looked at Loki with a small smile on my face. That’s when a man in all black came in, he was bald with an eye patch on one of his eyes. He looked at me briefly before throwing a memory stick at Tin Can. “Okay team there is an alarming discovery on the recent attack in Paris. Stark if you will” The man commanded.

Tin Can rolled his eyes at the man before plugging the drive into a nearby computer. “F.R.I.D.A.Y. Bring up the files please” He said, a hologram appeared with writing and pictures of Paris. “After the assasinaion of Scarnon, Head of S.H.I.E.L.D’s logistics division we have found our suspect” The man who I think is Fury began. The next picture was a man who I wish I could forget.