𝙤𝙣𝙚, changes

【 trigger warnings | none 】

published | 9th february 2020
edited | 12th february 2021

it was peacefully silent in the boy's room. the ginger was sleeping soundly, enjoying his rest when he heard the alarm go off.

tired, the boy yawned, checking the time before excitement filled him.

it was the training camp week.

hinata had been excited the past week over the fact that he could finally meet up with the other schools and train with them again.

his mother was concerned for him, after all, he didn't get enough sleep before today just because he was excited. his mother had to warn him if he didn't sleep properly that night, she would cancel him out from the training camp so that he could get proper rest. of course, hinata not wanting to miss the opportunity, slept well.

back to the present, hinata was up and ready for the day. he had showered as well dressed in his uniform, of course, wearing his jacket to verify that he is from the school; karasuno.

he'd look back at the clock, worried that he would be late as he was double checking his things. seeing that he doesn't need to worry, he smiles and grabs his bag, going outside from his room and greeting his mother.

"good morning mom!" he greeted cheerfully as the mother could only sigh yet smile at her excited son "good morning shoyo," she had finished cooking a while ago, the traditional japanese breakfast is on the dining table, currently being demolished by the young male.

the older female chuckled softly and sat down, watching her son eating happily. once hinata had finished eating, he looked at his mother with a bright smile "breakfast is as good as always mom!" he says, his mother nodding at his cheerful attitude.

"shoyo, do you want me to bring you to school?" she asked him, but the ginger only shook his head "it's fine mom! i can ride the bike to school like always. natsu is still asleep and i want you to take care of her and such" he says, getting up and bringing his dishes to the sink as he proceeded to clean them.

the mother hummed and nodded "i see. you're a wonderful brother shoyo" she smiles "of course! you're the one who raised me!" warmth filled his mother's heart, she's glad that she could have a son like him. the ginger was soon finished with his dishes and wiped off his hands before going to his mother.

"best if you head to school, it is still a long way to head there" hinata nodded, kissing his mother on the cheek before bidding her a goodbye. hinata grabbed his packed bags and started cycled his way to the school.

once he had arrived, he saw that no one was there yet. the male decided to put his bicycle at the side and wait for the rest of his team mates to arrive.

after a while, all of them had came as well as the coach and the rented bus. hinata was feeling especially bubbly today. he'll not only be training with nekoma, fukorodani, shinzen and ubagawa high, but also with aoba johsai, shiratorizawa and date tech.

"it seems that the simpleton is high with energy this morning" a tall blond male spites him but at the moment, hinata could truly care less. he was just brimming with excitement. sugawara just laughed at the two and harshly pat hinata's back.

"let's stay calm alright? we don't want to loose our energy just yet" he says as hinata looked at him, slightly pouting but nodded anyway. kageyama and tsukishima glanced at the pouting boy before looking away, feeling a slight tingle in their chests.

sugawara chuckled at the smaller boy before pushing him into the bus with the rest of the team. all of them got on the bus, and they started to head off to tokyo!

finally, they were here, once again! hinata couldn't sleep the whole ride because he was excited, unlike the rest of his team mates, but he doesn't condone them, they were most likely tired and went back to sleep.

it was a 6 hour drive, yes, but he was texting kenma whenever the blond was taking a break, and texted his mother to tell her that he was doing alright. after texting a while, he watched some videos on the national teams to watch their gameplay.

since hinata had finally understood some aspects on both blocking and receiving, he could take note on how the professionals do their blocks and receives. though, in hinata's opinion, no one could surpass his senpai, nishinoya!

"oi, stupid" hinata's head snapped away from the thoughts and looked at his seat partner, kageyama "yes?" he asked him "aren't you getting up? we've arrived you know" he sighed as hinata awkwardly laughs and got up from his seat before making his way out of the bus. he was too excited to move, honestly.

"hey, my favourite kohai!" nishinoya patted his back at the nervously excited ginger "don't get too nervous man! you've been to this before, and remember, i'm here to always catch the ball for you no matter what man!" he says as hinata slowly stopped being nervous and looked at nishinoya with a bright smile, thankful to him.

"nishinoya senpai- thank you! you're a great senpai!" he says happily making the older blush softly at his words "of course! I care for you dude!" nishinoya told him, making hinata nod and started walking.

from the sidelines, tsukishima and kageyama slowly felt a bit bitter at the interaction but shrugged the feeling off, not thinking too much of it.

【 the end of chapter one ! 】

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚!

uhhhh i apologise for taking quite long time for not publishing this- i was trying to find someone to proof read this for me- but uh yeah.

do tell me your thoughts on this chapter, and i'll see you guys on the next !

- ely