𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣, realisation

【 trigger warnings | some cursing 】

published | 25th june 2020
edited | 28th may 2021

they were dumb, ever so dumb and oblivious. but was stupid on their part was denying and pushing the fact that they like him.

it was a different time for everyone when they realise they were in love with the ginger, but all of them knew that their hearts started beating more rapidly during the training camp.

tsukishima had realised his feelings that he fell for him during the third day of training camp. just his smile and laughter made his heart flutter in a way but his pride wouldn't allow him to agree with his feelings more sooner.

he just couldn't understand why he liked that idiot. but he remember that yamaguchi did call the two of them opposites, hinata being the sun and himself as the moon. maybe that's why he got attracted to him. being his opposite made him fell for him, anything he does just makes him flustered and he doesn't hate it.

the prideful king himself had turned into a blushing mess whenever hinata had come around. he knew he had felt something for the smaller teen a long time ago, but he never really understood what it meant. until the day where he had that argument with his whole team he realised that he had feelings for hinata. his heart would flutter every time he remembers the words hinata tells him.

yamaguchi on the other hand was in straight denial. he didn't think he would fall for hinata, he just thought he was being envious of him, being able to achieve something that he wasn't able to. but when yamaguchi had found what he was good at, he felt accomplished but that still doesn't shake the fact that he's still envious of hinata.

'"hm? there are moments where i felt pretty shit about myself you know? i'm not as tall as you or salt shaker over there nor am i as great as kageyama. i don't have the strength to spike through the blocks like asahi and i don't have the receiving skills like nishinoya. i know that the only thing that's keeping me in the starter team is my speed and jumping abilities but that's about it. though that doesn't make me want to feel as if that's what i'm only useful for. that's why i work so hard, and that's why i'm proud of you for working hard and finding what you're great at yamaguchi"'

yamaguchi remembers what hinata said and that motivated him, truly, but that's also when he realised that he doesn't see hinata as a friend but more than that. those words comforted him, he didn't need to be outstanding, he didn't need to be like his childhood friend nor does he need to be great as the other members. he really is in dept with hinata and how much he helped him.

on the other hand, koganegawa never really understood how he fell for the ginger. was it because he felt as if he and hinata had something alike? sure they both love volleyball but koganegawa was pretty energetic just like hinata and he adores the fact that the smaller teen is hard-working and wanting to improve further. they got along just fine, yet how did his feelings escalated this far?

'"hey hinata! can i get your number? i want to keep contact with you since you're pretty cool" he says to the ginger on the day they had to leave the training camp. hinata had smiled to him brightfully and nodded, without giving it a second thought he gave koganegawa his number "of course! here! let's keep contact, you're an awesome guy koganegawa!" he tells him with a cheery smile and that was when he had felt something in his stomach'

koganegawa sighed as that's when the remembered the memory "so that's when it started huh…" he mutters to himself, feeling helpless as he smiled softly at the thought of hinata.

lev felt awkward about how he felt. he wasn't sure if he was thinking about this the right way. he only just liked teasing the shorter boy about his height but sooner he realised that the more he teased him, the cuter he seemed and that confuses lev. he had asked his sister for help, he did not know if what he's feeling is right. and when his sister told him that it's normal to be confuse and see if it really is a crush made him more confused.