𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚, my chest is hurting, why?

【 trigger warnings | some cursing 】

published | 2nd March 2020
edited | 21 March 2021

it was morning. two specific cats and a crow stayed up all night playing video games, though surprisingly they weren't late.

kenma was used to staying up, while kuroo had gotten used to accompanying kenma late at night on calls. hinata is just dumb. he knows that he should be resting well because hellish practice will be starting today, but since last night, he was too excited. he wasn't tired nor exhausted, thus making him stay up. since kenma and kuroo weren't asleep, he stayed with them till the next morning.

"oi, dumbass-" a certain setter called out to him as the ginger looked at his way, eyebags showing. the setter's ears turn red as he turned away, calming himself down.

"did you sleep well-?" kageyama tried to sound considerate, but the tone of his voice made it seem as if hinata should sleep with one eye closed as a warning. the ginger shivered and awkwardly chuckled.

"yep... i did kageyama" he said before going off to the cafeteria, eating breakfast and chatting with the team.

kageyama just stood there dumbfounded but sighed before hearing a light chuckle "that didn't work out well for you huh tobio-chan~?" the younger setter groaned before turning to see oikawa, his senior teasing him.

before kageyama could say anything, oikawa was then harshly slapped by the shoulder from the vice captain of aoba johsai. "trashykawa, get going, we need to eat" iwaizumi said in a stern yet calm voice making oikawa sigh and pout before iwaizumi got irritated "alright alright. you're acting like a mother iwa-chan~" oikawa made his escape as an irk mark grew on iwaizumi's forehead.

"i'll see you later at practice kageyama" iwaizumi says before going after the captain.

kageyama walked towards his team in the cafeteria before seeing hinata smiling and laughing alongside inouka. his heart fluttered at hinata's melodic laugh but it also felt like his heart was ripping apart from seeing him laughing with another.

he shook his head, trying to ignore what he's feeling as he sat down, eating his breakfast.

tsukishima on the other hand was trying to enjoy his breakfast before hearing the tangerine's laugh. he hates the fact that he's getting warm inside by the short boy's laugh. he hates the fact that he didn't make him laugh.

the tall blond stood up after he was done with his breakfast and went on a walk. the male needed to think but he'll be back for training by then.

yamaguchi, unlike his childhood friend tsukishima, decided to join in the conversation with hinata and inouka. it's a different vibe from when he would talk with tsukishima but he likes it. it makes him feel warm and fluttery inside. while hinata was talking to inouka, yamaguchi stared at hinata's features and notices the little details he has.

like how whenever hinata gets overly excited, he'd stim. his brown eyes shine brightly at the thought of volleyball. his lips curve up into a cute smile-

yamaguchi almost smacked himself in front of hinata. why would he think like that? he was getting too ahead of himself and continued talking with the two of them.

the rest of those who had kept their eyes on the tangerine enjoyed and loved the sound of his laughter.

after a while from finishing their breakfasts, everyone had went to the gym to start stretching and doing some laps to warm up their bodies. hinata was jumping up and down from stimming, he was excited and he wanted to practice right then and there.

a red haired blocker made his way over to hinata with a smile "hey there chibi-chan" tendou greeted him as hinata looked over to tendou with a bright smile "tendou!"

karasuno stared at them, wondering when did they get so close, well only tsukishima was the one that knew they got along. after all, they did get along when hinata had snuck in shiratorizawa to watch them train and becoming the ball boy.

"soooo, are you excited for nationals?" tendou asked him as hinata's eyes shine brightly as he nodded quickly as well "definitely! who knows, maybe even the little giant might watch the tournament!" he says happily as tendou chuckled at the excited boy.

"tendou. come now, we need to stretch" ushijima told him as tendou nodded and waved goodbye to hinata, joining his team in stretching.

when in the middle of their laps, hinata had went to talk with aone and koganegawa. everyone else just watched the tangerine chat with the other teams effortlessly, becoming friendly and smiling at everyone he meets.

either way, some of the karasuno members felt a slight pang in their hearts, not knowing what to feel anymore.

after their laps, hinata went back to his team and looked for a certain blonde. his eyes then met that certain person and went over towards them. "yachi!" he said as yachi looked at him with a smile.

hinata was one of the males that yachi felt comfortable to be around with. maybe it's because of the aura that hinata emits is why she felt happy. or maybe because of that one memory where she was tutoring hinata and hinata gave her advice on confronting her mother into letting her join the club.

either way, yachi felt a sense of safety and happiness whenever she's around hinata. yachi looked at hinata, wondering why he had went up to her "what's up?" she asked "oh well, i just wanted to know if you're going to come over to my house soon. natsu's been begging me to make you come over. she really likes you. maybe because you remind her of an older sister" hinata says as yachi blushed softly at his compliment.

"i see... i think i'll be able to come over around next weekend? we'll see. i miss natsu as well" she gives him a smile as he nodded happily "alright then, i'll tell natsu later tonight then" he says as the blonde girl smiled.

once again, those who were interested in hinata couldn't help but feel something in their chest. it hurts, their stomachs were twisting as well but they didn't know why. they only sighed and tried to mind their on business.

【 the end of chapter three ! 】

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚!

okay, let me try and explain what arc we are in because i'm not following haikyuu's original storyline.

firstly, they are in the arc where its before they headed off to nationals, and after the shiratorizawa and national training camp. that means kageyama has met atsumu, sakusa and hoshiumi.

secondly, yachi and hinata get along very, very, very well. natsu fucking adores yachi and thinks of yachi as a sister. yachi and hinata's relationship is like the best friends that always comes over to your house uninvited.

lastly, hinata isn't dumb, he knows what's happening, but he chooses to not acknowledge it.

anyways, hope ya'll enjoy this chapter. sorry for the late update. i didn't know how to start this chapter. so it was awkward. but yeah, see ya'll in the next chapter.

- ely