𝙩𝙚𝙣, his answer

【 trigger warnings | bittersweet(?), some cursing 】

written | 22nd june 2021
published | 8th july 2021

it had been two months after the incident had happen and hinata slowly picked himself up. did he still feel awful and guilty thinking he led all of them on? yes. though, at least he didn’t feel like running away from kageyama, tsukishima and yamaguchi this time. he had also took yachi’s advice and took a break which felt nice for him.

hinata sighed as he got to the place where everyone were to meet. what had happened is that hinata decided to finally give an answer to them.

he held his phone tightly as they all decided to meet up at the park. hinata sees everyone sitting at the park tables. the ginger went to the table with a small smile.

“hey guys…”

the people at the table turned around and looked at hinata, smiling at his presence. well, some smiled while some gave an uninterested face. the short male went to the table as lev made space for him to sit. hinata awkwardly sat down in between lev and koganegawa.

“so firstly, i’m sorry for running off when you guys had confessed to me… secondly,” he paused and looked down on the table “i’m sorry, but i don’t like any of you in that way…” he finally tells them as they stopped what they were doing and looked at hinata.

“trust me, you guys are amazing people, and i really like being around you guys. i find all of your presences comfortable to me. but, i just want to focus on volleyball for now. i can’t find myself committed to a relationship while being passionate for volleyball”

“plus, i feel like i led all of you on. to you guys i’m just known as the bright sunshine hinata, but honestly, i’m tired of that. i have my days too, and there are times where i don’t have energy nor do i have to act all dumb and oblivious… i felt like you guys fell in love with me for my persona and not for myself” hinata finally told them, staying quiet, scared of what their reactions, buthe felt a head pat. he looked up to see koganegawa smiling at him.

“it’s fine hinata, i’m glad you’re comfortable in telling us what you feel though. we would’ve accepted the fact that you didn’t like us, but after hearing about your feelings, we- no, i, put myself in your shoes and understood what you felt. so i don’t mind… i’m sure i’d still love you either way” koganegawa smiled as the rest nodded and agreed with him.

“Hinata, we told you this before, when we were confessing, but what ever your answer is, we’d still love you no matter what, and as long as it makes you feel happy, all of us are fine with it” lev told him as hinata looked at all of them, feeling tears in his eyes as he looked down and cried slightly.

“ah... i see… thank you for understanding…” he says as they all smiled softy.

sure, hinata didn’t like any of them, and only thinks of them in a platonic way, but, seeing the person who they love finally being able to somewhat express his true feelings made them smile.

‘maybe being friends is already enough’ they all thought at the same time.

【 end of the story ! 】

we've reached the end of the book— sheeshhh. this is like my shortest chapter i believe. funny thing is that i wrote this the same day i wrote chap eight and nine. my brain juices were immaculate that day—

uhm— i don't really know what else to say because i already have a chapter for the end notes.

oh but uhm yuna was pretty much looking forward for the ending and i hope you guys liked it. once again, there will be special chapters coming up, so don't worry, one of the special chapters will be an alternative ending—

anyways, as always, don't forget to take a break, take care of yourselves, stay hydrated and eat something, even if its a snack or a little portion of your food. your health matters guys :)

— ely