So Do You (22)

3 days later

Everything was fantastic, as far as everyone was concerned. Clint's body was healing well, everybody was getting on, SHIELD wasn't bugging them & nothing - as far as the non scientists in the team knew - had been blown up in the labs.

Better yet; Tony was still alive after calling Natasha NaRo and leading her to believe it was a character in Lord Of The Rings after she consulted him after the first, asking him why there was only a cameo of Legolas and no mention of this 'NaRo'. After watching the 2nd and 3rd over the next few days she found out he'd pulled her leg. Yet, despite subfoucousing searching for 'NaRo', Clint & Natasha found out they had enjoyed them.

'Eowyn kinda reminds me of you.' Clint had said.

'I'm not a princess you know.' She shot him an amused look while yet again she curled further into him in the bed.

'No,' he admitted. 'But your beautiful, brave, daring, slightly arrogant and extremely skilled and brilliant in your own way.' He redirected his gaze from the adverts on the TV for the next film they were to watch to her and rubbed her arm comfortingly.

'That's nice, but you should know Legolas has nothing on you, no chance whatsoever.' She paused thoughtfully and looked up to meet his gaze. 'You remind me of Aragon more.'

'Oh, so I'm 87 now am I??'

'No, handsome, brave, skilled, smart, fantastic and Arrowgant.' She smiled at her one-liner, quite impressed at it and giggled slightly. Clint just groaned.

'Doesn't even deserve to be in a cracker Nat!!' He moaned and covered his eyes with his right hand, playing along with the joke of its awfulness.

'Well I was quite impressed.' Natasha stated frankly as she straightened up to sit up and look at her partner better. Keeping a straight face and making it out to be innocent and quite childish in a way. Then the grin broke through as he shuffled up the bed to be straighter himself and pulled her in again.

--

'You ready??' Bruce asked Clint, doubt written on his face.

'Yep.' Was all of the steady reply.

'You sure??'

'Yes!!' He exaggerated, tired of being in bed.

Bruce sighed. 'Alrighty then.' And got up from his seat to stand next to the bed.

Tony's and Steves eyes were trained on that movement, focusing on the conversation taking place while Natasha just stayed in her original position. Also unsure wether they should let this happen.

Natasha knew Clint hated staying in bed for too long, especially if it was a hospital bed; an encounter and patience thoroughly stretched to it limits having been there for 2 weeks.

Clint caught all their looks, his eyesight now fully reinstated (after Bruce forced more eye drops while he was asleep and thinking he wouldn't notice).

'I'm doing this. I can't stand lying here anymore and I'm fine.' He shot out, the patience completely gone.

Tony snorted at the irony of 'I can't stand lying here'.

So, propping himself on his elbows, Clint shuffled up to sit up completely straight with some help from Natasha and swung his legs round off the bed. Natasha kept his back up and steadied him with his arm around her neck and Bruce went round to hold his other arm around his neck and steady him as they all in a joint effort stood him up.

Clint hissed at the weird feeling, numb pain and pins and needles in his legs, feet and abdomen.

Steve and Tony, whom had got up and were at the ready for anything, took a step forward towards the trio. Tony first, just incase Clint would fall and then Steve who was holding a crutcher.