Fury Stark and MeGee (17)

Fury, Stark and MeGee-Chapter Seventeen

"If he's going to recuperate properly he needs the best medical care he can get. He needs the peace and quiet and the time for it. If he's here that kind if care is not available because the atmosphere is too stressful." Bruce explained to Fury in his office.

Fury just sat behind his desk, contemplating what to do.

"Why do you need Romanoff?" He questioned.

"Because she's been fantastic help to me medically speaking as well as a lot of things, and she needs the break too. You've kept her on a solid rotation for nearly 3 and a half months now. Just like Barton."

"They have an R&R rotation starting in three weeks."

"But that lasts only 4! They aren't invincible and i'm sure they're not the only secret agents here! I-"

"That is classified information." Fury interrupted.

"Not while Agent Barton is my patient and barely above critical condition!" Bruce shot back. Impatient and Angry.

"Stark can supply any type of medical equipment or area and help out. I've asked him if he'd be free to do anything like that-sparing the details-and he's free to do it." Bruce lied. He hadn't really asked but Stark owed him big time for covering something up from Pepper, so he'd do it.

"Where is the facility?"

'Crap,' Bruce thought.

"Starks working on it. A place in the Avengers tower." Bruce was impressed with his lying, especially since he was doing it to the face of SHIELDs Director.

Fury's face was completely blank, he rested on his fists which were leaning on the desk, pursing his lips as he thought of the pros and cons of the move.

He couldn't believe he was actually considering this, letting his two tops agents go for almost two months. But Banner was clearly set on this and Fury never admitted it, but he was scared of the Hulk. Especially after seeing primary ad secondary footage of what it could do, what happened on the Helicarrier, culver university and in Manhattan.

He looked up at Banner who was standing cross armed with an 'agree with me or bad things will happen' expression on his face.

Fury sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ok. Just-"

"Thank you, I'll arrange transportation." Bruce interrupted, clearly happier and walked out the door, shutting it gently in the way out.

--

Outside Fury's office Bruce breathed a sigh of relief and chanted quietly, flexing his right arm muscles, in 'oh yeah.' punching the air with a fist pump and walked off to the medical wing to organise everything and tell Natasha.

On the way there he pulled out his phone and dialled a number. The phone rang on the other end and Bruce put it to his ear.

"Stark Industries how can I help you?" Pepper answered.

"Hey is Tony there? Bruce here."

He heard Pepper call Tony on the other end and tell him he was on the line.

A few seconds later he heard the phone ruffle at the other end.

"Hey a Bruce, you round Manhattan?" Tony asked, sounding slightly out if breath.

"Yeah, but not for whatcha my think. Is this line secure and private?"

"Dude, this is Stark Industries, of course it's secure."