Korea(7)

I'M SO SORRY THIS SI LATE - I'VE BEEN WORKING ON SO MANY OTHER THINGS AND EXAMS ARE ON NOW AND I'VE GOT SO MUCH GOING ON I ALMOST FORGOT THIS!! But here you go. I hope you enjoy (even though i know this is a crappy chapter).

Korea-Chapter Seven

Dirty was an understatement for where Agent Barton was at that moment. He had been in Korea for 3 days now, tracking down Kran, which proved to be a bit of a challenge.

He was in an abandoned warehouse. He had been living in an old office, not too far from the exit and had stored his notes under the table top of an old desk. Stuck down with tape while inside a plastic sleeve. The idea being if something went wrong, Natasha could find it.

It was a thing they'd developed in their partnership; if they were on individual missions, or joint and one got caught, the other could find their notes and, if they hadn't already, get their partner out of their situation.

He had just woken up from a 2 and 1/2 hour having slept on the cold concrete floor in his SHIELD sleeping bag. He had to get up and go to another office building a mile or two from his. It was where Kran's base was. The traditional outskirts of town, dusty, dirty horrible, abandoned, isolated, uninviting building etc.

Agent Barton still had another hour and half before he needed to get up though. 'Damn nightmares!!" he thought out loud. He sat up and pinched the bridge of his nose, pulling in he tear ducts of his eyes. Getting rid of the sleep dust in his eyes as he recalled his dream. Using the other hand to wipe away the cold, salty sweat on his forehead and face. The dream he had......It was more of a memory in a way, but there was one thing that he hadn't seen before.

--

He was in an old, white washed room. His personal thoughts locked away from him and buried deep down semi-consciously to him at the time. He was sat down in a chair in the middle of the room, while Loki paced around him precariously, asking him questions.

"Do you have a partner in the agency, Agent Barton??" Loki purred with a sly grin on his face. Clint could only answer "Yes." his blank face showed no emotion.

"Their name." Loki shot at him.

"Agent Natasha Alianova Romanoff." Clint replied blankly.

Loki smirked, his......co-worker knew even the middle name of his partner. He knew he was getting some valuable information here.

"Are you," Loki paused deliberately "close to her??" Loki asked.

"Yes sir." Clint replied.

Loki smirked at the formal address. 

"How??" He continued, this tone however encouraging him in a certain way, asking an individual question, how he knew her.

"A mission a few years back.'"

"What happened??"

"I was supposed to kill her."

"Why didn't you??" Loki was grinning full faced now.

"Because I knew she could be valuable to SHIELD and that she deserved a second chance after being at HYDRA." Clint stared at the wall in front of him, no emotion or realisation of what he was doing.

"Why, we're you sent to kill her Agent Barton??" Loki, genuinely curious about this topic and breezing over everything else.

"She worked for HYDRA. She was a serious threat, that's why I was sent." Clint could feel a tugging at the back of his mind. But it barely caused him a serious headache, mild at most.