3

I wake up to the sound of yelling and things being thrown. I look over to my alarm clock, it's only 6am. My parents must be arguing again. I roll my eyes as I get up from my bed. I quietly walk out my bedroom peeking downstairs over the banister. My mom continues to yell about god knows what this time. I see there is glass all over the floor and notice that the vase they got for their wedding was shattered on the floor...

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST GET HOME?!" my mother yelled

"I TOLD YOU I FELL ASLEEP IN MY OFFICE! I CALLED YOU LAST NIGHT TO TELL YOU I WOULD BE WORKING LATE!"

"BULLSH*T! YOU NEVER FALL ASLEEP THERE! THE LATEST YOUV'E EVER COME HOME IS 1 AM, NOW ITS F*CKING SIX IN THE MORNING! WHO THE F*CK WERE YOU WITH LAST NIGHT?! HUH?!"

*silence fills the room*

"WELL REPLY TO ME DAMMIT! WHO THE F*CK WERE YOU WITH?!"

"NO ONE! I WAS AT WORK, I FINISHED AT AROUND 2:30 IN THE MORNING AND I WAS HALF ASLEEP, I WASN'T GOING TO DRIVE HOME HALF ASLEEP AND GET INTO AN ACCIDENT!"

*a phone begins to ring*

"WHO IS CALLING YOU? THAT SURE AS HELL ISN'T MY PHONE RINGING, SO WHO IS CALLING YOU AT 6 IN THE F*CKING MORNING?!"

*My dad looks at his phone and shows my mom*

"WORK?! WORK IS CALLING YOU AT 6AM?!"

"YES! CAN YOU NOT READ?"

"PICK UP! PUT IT ON SPEAKER! I WANT TO HEAR WHAT "WORK" HAS TO TELL YOU AT 6!"

*He hesitantly picks up the phone and puts in on speaker*

"Hello..." my dad says to the person on the phone

"Hi baby, did you make it home alrig-"

My mother grabs the phone before the person can finish their sentence and throws it across the room. She is infuriated

"BABY?! BABY? SO PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH CALL YOU BABY?! GET OUT OF MY F*CKING HOUSE RIGHT NOW! GO WITH THAT FUCKING SL*T YOU WERE SLEEPING WITH LAST NIGHT AND GOD KNOWS HOW MANY OTHER TIMES!"

*She begins to walk up the stairs, my dad following behind her*

"Please baby let me explain" my father pleads

"DON'T CALL ME BABY"

I quickly get back into my room, quietly closing the door. I can hear how my mom walks past my room and goes into hers...

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN!"

*I crack open my door*

I see my mom in her room taking stuff from the closet, my dad's stuff. She begins to throw his clothes out the window. Everything just out the window.

"STOP! WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING! STOP THROWING MY SH*T OUT THE WINDOW, MEGHAN STOPP!"

"GET OUT JOHN! GO WITH THAT F*CKING SL*T! HOW DARE YOU CHEAT ON ME AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR YOU, AND THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE FIRST TIME EITHER!"

She takes a second to breathe and calmly says "Just get out John please I can't deal with this anymore it's too early in the morning, just know we're getting a divorce"

My father walks out the bedroom, my mother shutting the door as he leaves. I can hear my mom crying in her room while my dad grabs his car keys that were on the table quietly shutting the door on his way out. All I hear is the sound of my dad driving away and my mom crying in her room. I shut my bedroom door sitting on my bed.