5

Robert's POV

I get up to see who was at the door. "Oh hi baby, what a nice surprise, what are you doing here?"I say with a smile

"I uh I came to break up with you"

"W-what- why?" I stutter as my voice breaks

"There's someone else. I'm moving out. I already took some of my things, I'll pick up the rest of my things when I get my car back from the mechanic shop."

*Long pause*

"I'm sorry Robert. I just don't love you anymore.." she takes off the promise ring I gave to her a few months ago. She places it on my hand and walks away

"Wait Kim, you can't go, please don't leave me." I say to her as a few tears run down my cheek "Please Kim come back" I say once more stepping out the room, not wanting to burst out in tears. I didn't want to cause a scene so I just let her go. I walk back inside my office wiping my face.

"We will continue rehearsing tomorrow at the same time Ms.Millers. Now go home because it's getting late. Good work today"

"Um? Mr.Downey are you ok?"

"Yes please go Ms.Millers"

"Ok uh I'll see you tomorrow I guess" she says looking back at me once more before exiting my office.

I shut the door as Annie walks out and sit back at my desk opening the drawer. I pull out a bottle of vodka. I throw the ring at the wall and begin to cry while I drink the vodka straight out of the bottle. Eventually I run out of liquor and the anger and sadness in me make me throw the bottle across the room making it shatter everywhere. I get up from my chair and walk over to lay down on the couch. I just continue to cry while staring at the ceiling, questioning where it all went wrong, what I did wrong...

Annie's POV

I walk out the door and head to the bus stop.

Was Jenny's mom and Mr. Downey dating? They had to be right? She broke up with him though... I was so confused

WAIT HOLD ON?! DID JENNY KNOW?!!

*time skip*

"Hey mom I'm home!" I yell from the door closing it as I walk in

"Upstairs!" she yells back

I drop my bag near the front door take off my shoes leaving them next to my bag and run upstairs...

"Hi mom" I say as I give her a kiss on the cheek

"Hey sweetie, how was school?"

"Pretty boring I guess"

"I guess we should address the elephant in the room..."

I look at her uncomfortably and nod

"Um so you're old enough to know the truth. So i'll be straightforward with you... You're dad was cheating on me, I don't know how long it's been going on but I just found out this morning that's why he left and isn't coming back. And I hope that son of a b*tch doesn't come back, I do not want to see his face again!"

"Oh- I'm sorry mom I don't know what to say..."

"It's ok I just wanted to tell you straight up, but with your dad gone I need to find a job so that we can continue living here. Rent is due next month and right now I have barely any money, just enough for half the rent and groceries."

"Don't worry mom I'll try to get a job to help you" I look at her with a sad face trying to smile and hug her

"I love you"

"I love you too mom"

"I'm going to go do homework now and tomorrow after school I'll stop by some places to see if they're hiring"

"Thank you Ann"

I walk out her room and head to mine. I feel horrible because of the way things ended with my parents. Sure they argued all the time but I know at some point they did love each other.
However I can't stop thinking about what happened in Mr.Downey's office. I have to call Jenny and see if it was her mom or I don't know figure it out somehow. That's when it hit me. He was going to kiss me?! HE WAS WITH SOMEONE AND HE WAS GOING TO KISS ME?? AND I WAS GOING TO KISS HIM BACK?! IMPOSSIBLE I CAN'T LIKE SOMEONE WHO IS OLDER THAN ME! LET ALONE MY OWN TEACHER. Except he wasn't that much older and he wasn't bad looking. He was smart too. God what am I thinking?! I decide to try and forget about that and call Jenny instead...

*On the phone with Jenny*
J: Hey Ann! How was after school with the principal?!

I could literally hear her grinning as she said that - if that was even a thing;

A: Pretty weird not gonna lie. Hey I know you don't live with your mom but you see her often right?

J: Uh no, not really. Ever since she left me with my dad as a newborn i only see her on special occasions like holidays, christmas, thanksgiving and whatnot. But since my dad was diagnosed with cancer last year I didn't spend any holidays with her. Why what's up?

A: oh nothing I just thought I saw her at school that's all. Anyways, How is your dad? I haven't seen him since i left for my vacations

J: he seems to be doing better but there are days where he just can't even get out of bed. The doctors say he's getting worse.

A: I'm really sorry Jen. I will go see him soon, I have a little present for him and you from my vacation. I haven't given it to you because i need to wrap it but as soon as I do i'll come over!

J: Don't worry Ann, Thank you though. I'll tell him you said 'hi'.

A: Thanks, anyways i'll see you tomorrow give your dad a hug for me too. I love you both!

J: Of course and I love you too!

*We hang up*

I don't think i've mentioned this but yea Jenny's father was diagnosed with cancer last year and it wasn't that bad last year. Except recently he's been getting worse. He's been like another father to me, he took me and Jen anywhere we wanted growing up. If we wanted to go to the movies there he was driving us to the movies and then always for lunch right after. He took care of me all the time and he was really caring. Like I said he was like my second father and their home was like, well is like my second home. I really don't know where I'd be without Jenny and her dad. I really hope he gets better. Each night I pray that he can fight this and get better. I would be devastated if anything happened to him I just don't know if Jenny will be able to take it. She's already been through so much... 

————————-
I know these are chapters are short and i take so long to update. Sorry :')
anyways i hope everyone's doing alright i'm going to start writing the next chapter
i hope u enjoy what i have so far of this book